Sunday, November 23, 2008

Turkey Burgers and Brussels (again?), Announcement!

Hi everyone! Today seems so much more bearable than other Sundays since this week is only a three day week!! What are your thanksgiving plans? Are you staying home and cooking or are you traveling? Josh and I are headed up to my Aunts house about an hour away for dinner. We were supposed to be traveling up to my parents house in PA, but flights were a little ridiculous and the drive is way too far :(. I am thrilled to be spending the holiday with my Aunt/Uncle but will really miss my parents and my sister and her husband. Mom- if you're reading this, I wish you could send me some of your amazing cranberry sauce! <3

Enough complaining ;) A little announcement- next week will be another blogger week when I make only other bloggers recipes! I have put together another list of AMAZING sounding recipes and cannot wait to make them! If you would like to be included in my next blogger week, feel free to email me a recipe at itzyskitchen@gmail.com.
How was your day? Mine was good but busy! I can't believe its already 7 pm! I had an oil change this am and then went on another endless search for petite work pants. Nothing seemed to fit (too big, too long sigh!) so I am planning on ordering some online! After, I came home and did some baking and house work (laundry, cleaning, etc). Josh and I took the Frankster to the dog park. He had a blast playing with a chocolate and black lab! I think Frank does better with dogs that are a lot bigger than him! For dinner tonight, I made very simple turkey burgers. We had 1/2 a leftover container of turkey (probably a little over a half a pound) to which I added some Cajun seasoning (about a half a tsp). I cooked them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 9 minutes on each side. I then topped them with cheese. I also cooked up some more brussels (I must not have been thinking when I bought both frozen and fresh brussels at the store!!). Here is Josh's plate:

Time for online shopping! Have a wonderful night!!

23 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Stain' home for Thanksgiving, of course!! My place is the party scene, haha.

Brussels sprouts!! My looooove.

HOORAY FOR FEATURING BLOGGER RECIPES!! :-D

Becca said...

Woohoo! Looking forward to another blogger week!

I have the same problem with pants...so fun being 5'2.

Jenn said...

I still really haven't tried brussels sprouts. I need to though...maybe I will over the holiday weekend. :)

I'll be around the house this Turkey Day even though we won't be having the official meal at my house. Can't wait!

Samantha said...

I get most of my work pants at New York & Co. I am just barely 5' and I can wear their petites as long as I'm wearing heels.

Believe me, I know how frustrating it is!

Pearl said...

i've never tried brussels sprouts, but with all of your pictures, they look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Last year I hosted Thanksgiving at my house, so this year I'm off the hook! We're going to my parents house!!

Love online shopping! Have fun!

Leslie said...

We are staying home and I am cooking my normal feast for 22 people! Crazy huh? Self induced torture I tell ya!!!
Thanks for your kind words on my blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for another blogger week!!

For Thanksgiving I am staying at my parents house for the weekend, but we're actually eatining Thanksgiving dinner at my Uncles house. I have a HUGE family with a lot of cousins so it should be alot of fun!

Esi said...

I'm craving a turkey burger all of a sudden. YUM! I'm going to San Fran for the holiday where hopefully my mom will wait on me hand and foot...YEAH RIGHT!! I know what you mean about the flight situation. I paid an obscene amount of money to fly home for three days!

Unknown said...

whoo hoo! i'm looking forward to seeing what you make for blogger week!
i'm having the first thanksgiving w my family in 2 years :D i love it!
hope you have a great night!

Anonymous said...

I'm pumped for another week of blogger recipes! It is so much fun to read about your "recreations" :o) Hurray for brussel sprouts, too!

I'll be goin' to Arizona for Thanksgiving! Yay Papa Bender!!

Bridget said...

Well I guess technically I'm travelling, but only 20-30min to my aunts house! Then Saturday Brian's mom has a dinner, so we go up to NH for that :) Your brussels look great, so do the turkey burgers!! I love turkey burgers!

Rose said...

Where in PA are you from? I've probably said this a billion times, but I'm from the Pittsburgh area...

lauren said...

I dont know if I would call where I live the good part - ha! My sister went to St. mary's college, so I will have to ask her about it!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love turkey burgers. Ben won't eat them. That's so cute you feature other folks' recipes.

We're going to my parents for Thanksgiving. I made two batches of dinner rolls (they demanded extra for themselves!) and I'm making a pecan pie Wed. night. We're driving up really early Thursday (like 5 a.m.) and I didn't want to deal with any mishaps!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

brussels sprouts are my favorites quick veggie solution!!

Looking forward to read your next week's posts!
try some of my recent creation ^_^

Maria said...

We are going to some friends for Thanksgiving since our families don't live in the same state. It should be fun though!!
I can't wait to see all of your blogger recipes!!

Holly said...

We are going a couple of hours away (over the River and through the woods) to my g-ma's house. Soooo excited! And I can't wait to see what you're going to make for Blogger week! I think I'm going to make your Black Bean soup this week....YUM.

And I always have to order my pants online because I wear 35" inseams! (I swear I'm not a giant!) It's frustrating, but SO worth it to not have to worry about it.

CECIL said...

I made brussels sprouts for the past 3 nights!! Had sudden cravings for it. Oh..I am jealous, 3 days week!! :(

Anonymous said...

Going home to my parents house although I have already done a good portion of the cooking at my apartment. I normally cook all the food (minus the turkey) on Thanksgiving, but this year my mom and older sister are helping. My sister and I are bringing out dishes home with us Wednesday night and then finishing up on the day of back in Connecticut!

HangryPants said...

I'm sorry you won't get to travel home! Boooo. I hope your mom sends you the cranberry sauce. :D

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of blogger week! Can't wait to see what blogger recipes you make!

Anonymous said...

I love the Blogger Week idea!!! Can't wait to see what you make!

My hubby and I are hosting an orphan Thanksgiving for all of our friends that couldn't get home to see family this year, like us! It will be so fun, but I'm definitely going to miss my family too...