Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Clif Product Reviews!!!!

There has been some major Clif loving around this place the last two days! First, I must warn you that I am apparently terrible at taking pictures haha. So onto the reviews!!

First, the Clif Mojo Dipped Chocolate Peanut Bar.


According to the Clif website, "Mojo Dipped is packed with pieces of all your favorite fruits, nuts, pretzels and other all natural treats. And, it’s 70% organic: good for you and the earth. Wait, it gets better. Then we dip each bar in tasty layer of creamy vanilla, decadent cocoa or smooth peanut butter. The same great sweet & salty flavor you’ve come to love from Mojo, but with a new twist!”

This bar has 210 calories and 9 grams of protein. Your taste tester- Josh!


The first words out of Josh's mouth after tasting this bar was THIS is what Snickers should taste like because this is delicious (i.e. better than a candy bar AND better for you)! Josh also noted there were no "fillers" in this bar, you can really taste peanuts and chocolate! He wishes every bar was as good as THIS one. I agree. I had one little nibble and it was phenomenal. I think I like these better than the regular Clif bars!!
Next up- Clif Shot Bloks. According to the Clif website, "CLIF SHOT Bloks are the latest nutrition option for endurance athletes. Bloks come in chewable, 33 calorie cubes, making it easy to customize and track caloric and electrolyte intake during long outings and races."
I tried the Lemon Lime and Josh tried the Black Cherry.





I had three Lemon Lime bloks before Body Pump yesterday and Josh had 6 of the Black Cherry bloks.

My Review:
Whoa! I felt immediately energized. I flew through class and even bumped my weight up on triceps and biceps! These DEFINITELY gave me a BURST of energy. The consistency of the bloks was somewhat strange- kind of like a sticky fruit snack. The lemon/lime flavor was very strong so I would only recommend this flavor if you really like lemony/limey flavors. I would use these again. I think they would be great on longgg runs!
Josh's Review:
I parallel them to stickiness of a jujube. While I felt they gave me a lot of energy, the caffeine in the bloks made me a little shaky. You may want to try a few and then bump up the number of bloks as needed.

Next! Clif Mojo Honey Roasted Peanut (what a fabulous picture):
This bar has 200 calories and 10 g of protein. According to the Clif website, "It’s chock full of whole nuts, pretzel pieces and other tasty, all-natural morsels. Crunchy & chewy, with a sweet & salty taste, it’s a perfect snack. And since it’s made with 70% organic ingredients, it’s good for the planet too."
Josh's review:
Very similar to the mojo dipped without the chocolate. This bar was a little bit sweeter but has the same pros in that it was very pure, you can taste the ingredients. I would definitely buy both of these bars on a regular basis. (as his wife, this means a lot! Josh is picky about his bars!!)

Lastly, Mojo Mountain Mix:

This bar has 180 calories and 9 grams of protein. I had this bar before I went to the gym today and can I say- yum! It felt like I was eating my favorite trail mix in bar form! It is salty yet sweet! I really enjoyed it and it held me over for quite some time!
Thank you again Clif for all of the samples! We have a few more to get through so I will review those as well ;) Let me know if these reviews were helpful!




14 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FABULOUS reviews!!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

great review on shot blox and "dipped" bars - i'm still looking for both of those!

I ended up finding the figamajigs at Target after lots of searching. At the ones near me - you need to look down one of the last aisles near the pharmacy! By all the luna bars and soyjoy bars! Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Great reviews! I am a HUGE fan of the Mojo bars so I am glad you loved them as well. I haven't tried to blocks before but am wanting to try them in my race. After your review I am thinking about giving them a try.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

i got a sample of the blocks in the mail and cant wait to try them on a long run! thanks for the review!

HangryPants said...

Score on the Cliff samples!

I think it's funny that those gel things gave you insta energy!

HangryPants said...

Are you looking for figamajigs? They are at Target with the bars. It's a weird spot, but they're there.

Anonymous said...

Great reviews! I really want to try the blox. I could use those for my AM workouts! I doubt I'll find them here though. Maybe GNC would have them. Why am I discussing this in the comments section of your blog?! LOL!

Aggie said...

Hey! I actually had the Cliff Mojo Pretzel Peanut Butter bar today (??) as my post workout snack...loved it!!

Anonymous said...

Great reviews! I am loving the Clif products - particularly the Blox and the Mojo Dipped because those just sound too good to be true. I will be on the lookout!!

Bridget said...

I LOVE LOVE the Clif Mojo bars...SO good! I haven't tried the dipped ones, but my fav so far is the peanut butter pretzel kind...mmmm. Man I could of used one of those blocks yesterday...not for working out, just to keep my eyes open at work haha.

lauren said...

Nice reviews! I love the Mojo bars and the shot bloks are a MUST-HAVE for all of my long runs. I havent tried the lemon-lime flavor yet, but love Orange and Cran-Razz!

Holly said...

Those blocks seem interesting! Thanks so much for the review, since I'm always hesitant to buy new things (it's my frugal side). I will use those for sure when I start to run long distances again - trying to think positive! :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG that dipped chocolate-peanut butter MoJo bar sounds to die for!! Must stock up on these when having sugar cravings...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome bar reviews!!! I've wondered about all of those so it's great to know :)