Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chicken Fajitas...sort of ;)

Hi folks- owww we're basically in Friday! How thrilling/exciting! I am about to go run and teach Body Step with Kristen. I am excited. Afterwards, I am going to take her Body Pump class and then I'll be back! I wanted to thank you all for the comments about my silly lost luggage! They found it today and delivered it to our apartment! Hooray!

I prepped dinner early tonight because I knew I wouldn't be home until 8ish and figured Josh would be home from the gym and hungry before then! I decided to make up some fajitas so I bought whole wheat tortillas, chicken, vegis, and a fajita spice packet. I got everything cooked up, poured in the spices and thought hmm that smells funny. I'm not sure what was up with the spice packet but there was something VERY wrong. It was from McCormick so I was a little surprised. I tasted the vegis and it was way yuck so I (sigh...I hate wasting food) threw it all out. I started over again. I only had one piece of chicken so I cooked it up with some corn and a homemade spice blend. Hopefully this will work in Josh's fajitas! I will be having a vegetarian version with beans and corn instead of chicken!

What are you all doing this weekend? I am getting my hair done tomorrow and cannot WAIT!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad your luggage made its way home ok! oh.. it's so sad when food has to go to waste. looks like you still ended up with something great though. have fun teaching the class!! and TGIF, definitely!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for luggage!! :-D

Have fun at Body Step!!

This weekend = training, writing papers....

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

you're such a good planner. I try to do the same, prepare meal for days that I know I'll be arriving home late to make sure that I have a good meal instead of snacking all the time.

Jenn said...

Weird...I wonder what happened with the spice packet?!

Krista said...

I bet you were happy to see your luggage! What a stressful time.

I have a big hockey weekend... an OHL game, and my hubby & son have games. Guess I'm a rink bunny! :)

Alyssa said...

that chicken and corn looks SOOOOOO good!

This weekend I am (hopefully) booking my reception venue for my October '09 wedding! CANNOT WAIT! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... what are we all doing this weekend? If I'm lucky, I'll get to write. I like doing that.

Trying To Heal said...

odd, wonder what happened to the packet; i grew up on that stuff!

this weekend: mountains, hiking, apple picking, engagement party, running, volunteering!

Bridget said...

Thanks for the early bday wishes :)

What a bummer about the fajitas!! I hate when that happens. So great that they found your luggage...thats the worst. I cant believe they make you pay now!

Yay for getting hair done!! Have a great Friday!

Anonymous said...

ooo i love your variation on chicken fajitas! i cant wait to try it :)

lauren said...

that is horrible about the spice packet - ughh! I just signed up to be a McCormick food taster, but I havent been called yet! When I do, I will make sure they know about this! ;)

I am running a marathon this weekend and eating lots of carbs beforehand - my favorite part.

Anonymous said...

i really love the write ups you talk about next to ur food!! keep it comin haha!

GroundedFitness said...

im doing NOTHING this weekend and I cant wait!

I love your black plate- its so cute

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

lauren said...

I'm back again to let you know that I tagged you, but only do it if you want too - no biggie!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you got your luggage back - that is always my biggest stessor in traveling!

That is so weird about the Mccormick spice packet!

Anonymous said...

yay for your luggage showing up! that happened recently to my skating partner at an international event, and his skates arrived at the airport just 2 hours before we were supposed to get on the ice. it was STRESSFULLLLLL

Sorry about the spice packet....the chicken and corn still looks yummyyyyy!

happy weekend! yay for getting your hair done!

HangryPants said...

About HFCS in BBQ Sauce - try Annie's brand. :D