Sunday, November 2, 2008

BSI Due tonight/Steak & Brussels

Ah Sunday. I enjoy Sundays because I get some good relaxing in but dread them because it means Monday is basically upon us. I appreciated Tina's post today on Sunday Blues for just that reason! I ran a bundle of errands this am (bank, whole foods, starbucks!!) and then did some relaxing around the apartment. This afternoon, I went to the gym and did some quick cardio and then took Body Pump. I am trying to creep up my weight in chest and triceps and tonight I did really well with both!


A quick reminder that BSI recipes are due at midnight tonight!! I have already received 17 recipes and Josh and I are having a hard time picking our favorite so far out of the bunch! Here is who has submitted so far (let me know if you submitted and your name is not on this list):


Tonight for dinner, we had steak. I am not a big red meat person but I think Josh has really had enough of chicken and turkey :), so I ran to whole foods and picked up some new york strip steak (I initially went in for filet but it was $27.99 a pound!!!). I broiled it up and served it along with some shredded brussels I cooked in a little bit of olive oil and water and sliced apples.


The picture above is Josh's plate. Mine only had 4 tiny pieces of steak so it wasn't nearly as exciting looking haha. I must tell you I loved seeing all of your Halloween posts! Your costumes were fabulous! Next year we must dress up and not be lame :)

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Such great BSI submissions!!

Oooh brussels sprouts!! My love :0)

Alyssa said...

Ok, I hope I'm not too late!!!
Here are my submissions, posted on my blog:
http://newtritionista.blogspot.com/2008/11/blogger-secret-ingredient-submissions.html

Thanks!!!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

thanks for hosting the BSI!!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

how did you do you hair for the wedding? can do you send me pictures?!

Trying To Heal said...

what a great load of submissions! can't wait to see who won!!!

Unknown said...

You have a tough job! All the recipes look really great. :)

Esi said...

Steak and brussels looks like a good dinner to me. Good luck picking the BSI winner!

Anonymous said...

I love the submissions, and I love how the list seems to be getting longer each week.
Plus it's introducing me to new blogs, which I don't really NEED but LOVE! :)
Way to get your iron in Erica! :)

Anonymous said...

So many great BSI entries! I love how successful this idea has become.

Great dinner - sometimes steak hits the spot, haha. I can't believe how expensive that filet was, though!!

Have a great week!