Saturday, November 29, 2008

BSI Entry: Nutty Stacks

Hi!

Are you having a good day? I am having a really nice Saturday!! I got up and taught Body Step and then took Body Pump. After, I went food shopping for the week. I came home and made Josh and I a nice lunch and have been mostly relaxing/doing house work since then. I was excited to put together my BSI entry this week! Amy selected Walnuts and I instantly knew what I was going to make! I started with inspiration from a Williams Sonoma recipe I had made previously and added some additional inspiration from the Clif Mojo bars to make these nutty stacks:

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
non stick spray
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup roughly chopped pecans
1 cup smashed pretzels
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spray aluminum with non stick spray.

Mix egg whites, brown sugar and vanilla until there are no more lumps. Add in all remaining ingredients until well mixed. Scoop rounded tablespoons full of mix onto baking sheets (like cookies). Bake for 15-16 minutes. Once cooled, peel nutty stacks off foil and enjoy!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh ijust had this bar today and love em... this sounds like an awesome duplication - yum!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

DELISH!!!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Those look and sound AH-mazing!

amy. said...

yay thanks for a great entry :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Sounds like a great Saturday! Know anygood aerobic DVDs for advanced cardio workouts in the kickboxing/ step arenas? I've been looking to update my Billy Blanks and Amy Bento DVDs.

Maggie M. said...

what an awesome idea :) this is so creative!

Maria said...

Looks like a great recipe! I love weekends:)

Anonymous said...

Those look beautiful! GIMME!

Krista said...

That recipe looks really good! I must be losing my mind because i thought Amy picked cranberries!

Trying To Heal said...

omg those look amazing! i totally need to make those instead of buying bars!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

mmmmmmmmm......... yum yum!!! And it's so simple too!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yum yum yum!!! These look so good! Fab entry for BSI!

Anonymous said...

Yummmm!!!!!

Becca said...

These sound awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those look great! Awesome job with the BSI!

Unknown said...

Mmmm, so good!!