Monday, November 24, 2008

Food List and Question

Hello! Happy Monday- hope your day is going well!!

First off, I was listening to an old episode of KCRW Good Foods podcast today and they were discussing using more natural cleaning products (vinegar, lemon and baking soda). I am really thinking about moving towards more natural/homemade cleaning products for a number of reasons: 1) cleaning products are ridiculously expensive, 2) cleaning products contain tons of chemicals that are very bad for you, 3) cleaning products are bad for the environment. I found this little write up on what natural products you can use to clean with. What do you guys use for cleaning?

Second, here is my food list for the week. I will be back with a dinner post later.

Produce
Pears
Apples
bananas
Fresh Vegi
Cauliflower
Carrot Chips
Potatoes
Frozen spinach (3 packages)
Stir fry vegis

Packaged/Canned Items
Bread
hummus
3 fresh rolls
Brown Sugar
Sugar
Soy Sauce
Pasta
Pasta Sauce
2 pie crusts
Pot Stickers
Bars for Josh’s lunch -
Snacks for Josh’s lunch –

Meat
Lunch meat (for Josh’s lunches)

Dairy
Yogurt (1 large, multiple smalls for lunch)
1% milk
Eggs
Unsalted butter
Gruyere Cheese
Half/half


Miscellaneous
Water
Dog food
Laundry detergent/dryer sheets

For Dinners:
Chicken, Rice, Brussels Bake
Turkey Burgers with fresh vegi
Pot stickers with stir fry vegis
Chicken “Parm” w/pasta
Eggs & potatoes
Thanksgiving food- apple/pear tart, banana bread (for the morning after), baked spinach, pumpkin chocolate chip bread

9 comments:

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

love the list!!! HAPPY MONDAY!! I have only used lemon for cleaning..

Anonymous said...

Great food list!

I have always used vinegar + water for cleaning the floors. I guess it's just because that's what my parents have always done.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Faaaaabulous list!!

Happy Monday, my friend!!!

Esi said...

I definitely want to make my own cleaners too!!! Right now I use Method and or Greenworks and Seventh Generation.

Jenn said...

I've been using Method, but it is so much cheaper to use vinegar, water and lemons...maybe that'll be one of my New Year Resolutions...hmmm. :)

GroundedFitness said...

I suck. i use windex and soft scrub and everything else horrible for the environment and your health.

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Sistercooks.blogspot.com said...

I clean with a mix of viniger and water and antibacterial essential oils for most things, but for nasty stuff like the bathroom, I'm bad and use clorox :-P

Rose said...

Good idea about switching your cleaning materials. I sadly don't use anything that eco-friendly or green, but I hear Clean Works (I think that's the name?) is good, eco-friendly dish soap.

Aggie said...

I use vinegar and water in a spray bottle for everything in the kitchen...I need to look into the antibacterial oils that I keep hearing about!