Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blogger Week #2- Post 1 Artichoke and Cheese Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Hey All! Welcome to blogger week #2! This week I will be making recipes only from other blogs. I loved doing this so much last time that I couldn’t WAIT to do it again. My first recipe tonight comes from Good Things Catered. I love Katie’s recipes because they look AMAZING and her explanations on how to put them together are simple/easy! Tonight, I made her artichoke and cheese stuffed turkey burgers (I can hear you all saying yum out loud right now ;).

Here is the recipe

Artichoke Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Ingredients:
2 lbs lean ground turkey
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 medium sweet onion, diced finely
1 large pinch of garlic salt
ground pepper to taste
4 artichoke hearts
4 ox aged fontina cheese, sliced into 4 1-oz squares.

Directions:

In large bowl, add ground turkey, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic salt and pepper.Work lightly with hands until well blended.

Heat grill on medium heat Divide meat into four portions.Remove 2/3 of each portion and flatten into 5 inch patties. Place 1 slice of fontina and four artichoke heart quarters in middle of each patty.Lightly flatten remaining 1/3 of each portion into 3-4 inch patties and place on top.Work lightly to flatten and seal all edges of patties.

Cook over medium to medium-low heat *without moving* burger until bottom side is browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.Turn burgers over and continue to cook until bottom side is browned and the burger is cooked through but not dried out about 8-10 more minutes.Remove from heat and serve immediately.

I quartered the recipe and cooked them in the oven (no grill at the tiny apartment ;). Nice work Katie! These turned out just beautifully (sorry for my not so clear pictures!!)



Want to have me test one of your recipes during Blogger Week #3 (dates TBD)? Email me at Itzyskitchen at gmail.com ! Don’t be shy!!
On another note, we watched Wall-e tonight and it was FABULOUS! Such a positive message for kids! I hope you all get a chance to watch it!
Goodnight ;)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Such a great recipe!!!!

Lori said...

Those look so great. I'm so ready for lighter food after the holiday. I'm looking forward to all your posts the rest of the week and recipe testing!

I Run for Fun said...

Oo...that looks so good.

Anonymous said...

Loved your BSI recipe!! And HURRAY for the start of Blogger Week #2! I love this feature so much :o) And, as a recent convert to artichokes, these turkey burgers look mouth wateringly delicious!! I am definitely saying YUM out loud!!

Pearl said...

that sounds so creative!

thanks for posting :)

HangryPants said...

Ooh they sound delicious! I've never been to that blog and I just checked it out - thanks!!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Katie from Good Things Catered = culinary genius!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

it seems delicious!!!!

Blogger week is so fun~~~~ I'll send you one of my recipe for you to try! ^_^

Anonymous said...

i love artichokes and haven't had em in forever... these burgers sound completely decadent & delicious!

K from ksgoodeats said...

I can't wait to see the recipes you test out for blogger week #2!

Enjoy your Sunday :D

Jenn said...

Those are beautiful!!! They look so tasty.

I loved Wall-E, too. It was so stinkin cute and really smart.

Trying To Heal said...

great recipe! can't wait to see the rest of the year!

Aggie said...

I love your idea of trying other recipes for a week! What a great way to shake things up!

Those burgers sound delicious! I have to get more creative with turkey burgers, will have to give these a try!

Unknown said...

yumm, i think i saw those and thought the same thing :) thanks for the reminder!

Esi said...

Turkey burgers are good, but stuffed turkey burgers are even better!! I absolutely loved Wall-E too!