Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dinner/ Food List

Hope you all had a nice day. I started my day with a mantra recommended by Heather of Hangry Pants- “today will be a good day” and I think it really helped kick things off right! I got plenty of sleep last night and I woke up feeling refreshed! Work went well. I came home and walked the dog and then walked to the gym. I decided to just do some cardio on my own. I did about 30 minutes running on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the elliptical.

For dinner tonight, I made Meghann's Pear BSI entry! This recipe looked sooooo good (it was def in my top three recipes from the Pear BSI) so I decided to make it for dinner.


Ingredients:


chicken breast
1 small pear, sliced
1/4 of a small onion, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
handful of crushed pecans


Directions:


  1. Cook the chicken breast on the stove top until the chicken is cooked through

  2. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside

  3. Add the onions to the hot pan until soft then add the sliced pear

  4. In a separate bowl mix together the broth, balsamic vinegar, sugar and whole wheat four until well blended

  5. Pour the sauce mix into the pan and bring to a boil

  6. Once boiling reduce temp and return the chicken to the pan

  7. Cover the pan and let simmer until the sauce thickens to your liking, between 5 and 10 minutes

  8. Once plated top with the crushed pecans (I forgot to do this whoops!)



I pretty much doubled all the ingredients above and served it with the Kashi Rice Pilaf (could this stuff be any better???) Thanks Meghann for a great recipe!


Here is my food list from this week. Hope you're having a good one chickies!



Produce
bananas
Pear
Eggplant (for last weeks BSI!!!!)
Onion
Spaghetti squash
Stiry fry vegis (tons!)


Packaged/Canned Items
Flat our wraps
Chicken broth
Balsamic vinegar
Pecans
Spaghetti sauce
Pizza sauce
Stir fry sauce
Herbed stuffing mix
Flour
Brown Sugar
Bars for Josh’s lunch
Snacks for Josh’s lunch

Meat
Chicken
Ground Turkey
Lunch meat (for Josh’s lunches)

Dairy
Mozzarella cheese
Yogurt (1 large, multiple smalls for lunch)
1% milk
Eggs

Miscellaneous
Diet Soda (for Josh’s lunches)
Water
Gum

For Dinners:
Flat out wrap pizzas
Egg roll-ups
Spaghetti Squash w/sauce +turkey
Stir fry with turkey and tons of vegis
Chicken with balsamic pear sauce w/ rice pilaf
Crispy Chicken, w/vegis and stuffing
Eggplant mini “meat” loaves

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked my recipe!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for a positive mantra, Meghann's BSI recipe (yum!!), and a food list!! :-D

Elizabeth said...

I know it isn't your recipe, but it looks like it came out really well!!! Makes me want to make some. :)

Aggie said...

What a great recipe! And yes, I love that Kashi pilaf!!

I'm totally stealing that mantra...

Unknown said...

i can't wait to see those eggplant mini "meat" loaves! YUM!
meghann's recipe looks like it came out beautifully!
have a wonderful day

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love pan seared apples in anything!

Maria said...

Your list reminds me that I need to go grocery shopping:) Glad you had a good day...and the meal looks wonderful!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

I need that mantra today~~~~~

You have so many yummmies this week, looking forward to see more recipes!

Anonymous said...

mmm - looks like you did a fantastic job of recreating meghann's recipe! :)

Esi said...

Nice dinner! The chicken sounds great

Jenn said...

Looks tasty. I'm glad I'm not the only one who adds gum to their g-store list. If it's not on my list I forget it, and I LOVE gum. lol.

Anonymous said...

I say a positive mantra like that (not always the same one) every morning and seriously it helps sooo much!! On days that I concentrate on enjoying the day, being happy, etc. I really feel so much better!!

Anonymous said...

Meghann is sort of the best there is, right?!
Your solo cardio sounds nice. Nice and lengthy!

Anonymous said...

Yay for trying out other blogger's BSI recipes!! The positive mantra sounds lovely - I will have to say that when I wake up tomorrow :o)

Tina said...

THANKS for the pug link!!!!! (I have a serious "pug problem"!) :)

Apples and Butter said...

I love the mantra! I try to start my day off with something positive each morning. It's hard to stay on track with it, but it makes such a difference in the day!