Friday, November 7, 2008

Restaurant Review: Morgan Creek Grill, Isle of Palms, SC

Happy FRIDAY! Today was a very nice day for me! Only a half day at work, food shopping, and got my hair done! I got a bundle cut off -probably 3 + inches- it feels so healthy! After my hair cut, Josh and I went to the Morgan Creek Grill on the Isle of Palms (IoP), SC. Josh and I have been planning to try this place for a few weeks now and planned to eat on the upper deck (less expensive, live music, beer specials!) but failed to notice that this past week was the last weekend the upper deck was open (whoops). Instead we enjoyed slightly more expensive food in the main dinning room.

Erica's Review:


The location of this restaurant is wonderful-right on the water! Unfortunately, it was pretty dark out by the time we got to dinner so we didn't enjoy the view as much as we would have during the day/summer time. For an appetizer, we ordered the calamari. I am not a big calamari fan but I know Josh loves it (plus I knew he was REALLY hungry), so I had a few nibbles. It was just ok. For dinner, I ordered the Charleston She Crab soup and a Morgan Creek Salad. The soup was eh, there wasn't nearly enough crab in it and I think they were a little heavy handed on the sherry. The salad was pretty good (but if you make a bad salad you shouldn't be allowed to be open). All in all it was pretty mediocre. I wouldn't come back to the dining room at this restaurant, but def want to give the upper deck a try!

Josh's Review:


Destined for failure (being the third restaurant)....

False advertising is for ShamWow, not a pier-style restaurant. No deck seating. Filet entree prepared differently than website claimed. Liars.

Cons: Aside from being liars, my aunt Nancy (who can’t make ice water) could have concocted equally complex-flavored calamari appetizers. Horrible parking lot lighting.

Pros: Chicken QPGOJPOCQOPqopwithgocboih (or whatever it was called) (Erica's note: Chicken Saltimboca) was unbelievably delicious. Roasted potatoes and veggies were incredible. Then again, everything with prosciutto is. The drive was scenic – even for an area called “Isle of Palms”

Beer review: Not much to review, Blue Moon is always a great replacement for a disappointing appetizer.

Overall Rating: Pi/8 (or 3.14159265 out of 8)

So there ya have it ;) Hope you're having a nice Friday!

15 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I always love your restaurant reviews!! :0)

Happy Friday!!

Fitnessista said...

hahah pi out of 8?
i love these reviews! josh's word for the chicken cracked me up
have a wonderful night-- your hair looks beautiful! i love the way it feels after a haircut :D i'm in desperate need of one...

Nazarina A said...

Oh well at least your hair came out smashing! Heh at least you got to eat out too!

Anonymous said...

It's true. Your hair looks really gorgy!
I LOVE these reviews! You're so sweet, and Josh has such a kick ass sense of humor.
I want Rob to get involved in our blog in some way. :)

Trying To Heal said...

i like the use of pi....hahahahha!

your hair looks AMAZING though!

Esi said...

I love your restaurant reviews! Happy weekend time!

Anonymous said...

hello pretty! josh is seriously hilarious - before i read the review, i was scrunching up my eyes to try and see what was written on his sticker!!

Anonymous said...

I love the PI out of 8... You know you're a math geek when.... :)

Bridget said...

Your hair looks fab!!! Bummer about the deck not being open, and equally for the so-so food. LOVE the use of pi!! Hahaha. Have a great day!

Kendra said...

I love my SHAM WOWS! They really do absorb a lot of liquid! : )

Anonymous said...

love the hair!!!

HangryPants said...

hahaha. I've really started to look forward to these reviews! Josh is too funny.

HangryPants said...

Oh P.S. You do have fantastic hair! Is it naturally straight?

Jenn said...

That was hilarious. Pi/8. LOL.

I love the hair! So pretty!!!

lauren said...

love the he said/she said review! so funny! and your hair looks great!