Monday, November 10, 2008

Spaghetti Squash and Products to try!

Whats going on all? Did you have an ok Monday? Mine was pretty good but I am still feeling super yucky! After work, Josh and I took the Frankster to the vet to get checked out (his tail has been bothering him) and to get a shot. I wanted so badly to go to Body Pump tonight but I just feel terrible :(. I also have to teach Body Step tomorrow so I decided it would be best to take another night off :(. I came home and decided to whip up a spaghetti squash. I have never made spaghetti squash and all I can say is WOW! Super easy and so yummy! Josh was starving so instead of baking the squash, I did it in the microwave:




Directions:


Cut squash in half and remove the seeds. Put in a glass (or other microwaveable) dish cut side down with 1/4 cup water. Cover with a paper towel and cook on high for 10 minutes. Fork through flesh to form "spaghetti".



I ate my serving with just sauce. Josh had his with ground turkey browned up with sauce and cheese. So good! I want to start showing you/discussing with you some of the products I try/use. Tonight I used this Muir Glen Organic pasta sauce. I enjoyed the flavor of the sauce. It was just slightly chunky (which I like) but Josh prefers a thinner sauce. What kind of sauce do you use? If you have an organic or healthier product recommendations for me, let me know!


I also wanted to tell you about the two very exciting packages I got in the mail today! First, from Clif (thank you, thank you Jordan!):




I am super excited to try all of these goodies! Both Josh and I will be reviewing the shot bloks tomorrow!

I also received a few Larabars:


I will also be reviewing these!!
I do not have tomorrow off from work, but since Josh does and since I'm not feeling so hot, I decided to take it off. Do you have tomorrow off?

27 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE spaghetti squash. Honestly one of my favorite foods. And the Apple Pie Larabar is my fav!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Monday went by quickly.

Hope you feel better!!!

LOVE YOUR DINNER!!! LOVE THE LARABARS!!!

Becca said...

I hope you feel better!

I am so so jealous of all those fabulous bars you got!

Aggie said...

I just picked up those Mojo bars today...I can't wait to try one!

You know, I keep hearing how spaghetti squash is so good but I've never tried it!! I think I am convinced now...I would love it with the ground turkey meat sauce...mmmm.

Sarah said...

Only now found your comments from eons ago. :) I tried spaghetti squash not long ago, & really it didn't end up very strand-like for me. I'll have to try again soon!

HangryPants said...

OOOh I bet a lot of larabar lovers are going to be jealous.

Anonymous said...

Yay for free goodies! So jealous about the clif package!

I've also never microwaved a spegetti squash before, but you make it sound so easy I will have to try it in the future.

Anonymous said...

super jealous of your clif bars!!! yum!

Anonymous said...

Fabulosity!
I'm so sorry you're still under the weather (weird expression, n'est pas?).
Does Frank need a visit from Auntie Erin to cheer him up? ;)

Unknown said...

larabars and clif products! YES!!
what are those clif blok things??
i bought a spaghetti squash the other day-- thanks for the how-to! i'll be making it for lunch tomorrow :D
have a great night and FEEL BETTER soon!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

oh.....i miss spaghetti squash!!!
glad to know that you had a good monday, mine wasn't!

looking forward to read your reviews of these goodies!

Trying To Heal said...

glad you liked the spaghetti squash! i like to have mine w/ just sauce too..but some added veggies or morning star crumbles are good too!

i really like using henry's farmer's market store brand marinara cause well, it just rocks! but i just recently purchased WF 365 roasted red pepper spaghetti sauce and it was really great too!

jealous of the packages!!!

Lori said...

I haven't had spaghetti squash in forever. It sounds so good! Hope you start feeling better and enjoy a rest day today.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

tag, you're it!

Elizabeth said...

Wow. I had no idea you could make spaghetti squash in the microwave!

Holly said...

I've never had spaghetti squash...it looks amazing, AND I love things you can put in the microwave for those times that I want to eat NOW. :-)

Hope you feel better! I don't have today off, but my heat isn't working at home so I was actually excited to come to work (weird!).

Bridget said...

Isnt spagetti squash awesome!? I tried it for the first time a month ago and its SO good. I'm so jealous of your Clif and Larabar packages! I love those mojo bars and I am dying to try a coconut cream lara bar, I never see them.

Yes the cupcake place is new! Its really cute.

Tina said...

I use the same pasta sauce. It's a good one!

lauren said...

Clif shot bloks are great! I use them for my long runs!

Jenn said...

Nope, I'm at work. That Cherry Pie Larabar is my fave!!! I can't wait for you to try them. :)

Feel better, chick!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I'm jealous!!! How'd you get the Larabars and Clif bars???

Mrs. LC said...

1. I think I may have the same blue bowels as you. :) Where are yours from?

2. Thanks for mentioning the Muir Glen sauce! I have a coupon for it that I've been meaning to use, but hadn't had heard any good/ bad reviews of it. (Although I really want to make my own sauce to freeze/ have on hand).

3. How do you get these packages of clif bars and larabars? So jealous!

All that to say, glad I stopped by your blog! :)(And I hope you feel better!)

Anonymous said...

Ahh Larabars!! You're so lucky! By the way, thank you so so much for the delicious box of goodies that I got from you yesterday! You have no idea how much that made my day. My brother was greedily eyeing everything... I told him he could have a few chocolate chips, but that's it! :)

What are shot blocks by the way?

Anonymous said...

I tried spaghetti squash about 6 months ago and have never looked back - so good!

I make a lasagna where one layer is chopped spaghetti squash - so good!

Holly said...

All of these comments about spaghetti squash is seriously making me want to try it! Hopefully I wouldn't goof it up. :-)

Yes, our heat is broken and "a part is on order" which should be in later this week. The high is 42 here today - brr! I've been staying with my parents, though - and hey, free food!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE spaghetti squash - i just ate it for the first time last year- and couldn't believe I had gone my whole life without it!

Nice job on getting both the clif bars AND the larabars! :)

I'll take and post some Lando pics for you real soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, let us know how the Larabars taste!! I am getting my 1st package from amazon.com on 11/17. I CANNOT WAIT!!