Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chili

It was so great to read about all of your favorite Thanksgiving foods! I think my favorites to hear about were Jenn's fav- stuffing with Oysters and Esi's favorite non-traditional lobster and shrimp. What are you having for din din tonight? I made chili! I have been trying to decrease my meat intake, so tonight's chili only used 1/2 a package of organic ground turkey and lots of beans:


Ingredients:
Small amount of olive oil
1 small onion chopped
28 ounce tomato sauce
1 15 ounce can of each of the following: Pinto, Kidney, Black Beans and Chickpeas
1/2 package ground turkey
frozen corn (or fresh)
frozen green beans (or fresh)
2 rounded teaspoons chili powder
1/2- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce

Directions:

Heat olive oil over medium heat, add onion and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add ground turkey and cook through (no pink!). Add all other ingredients, turn to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes. Top with favorite toppings.


Chili +cold weather= heaven! Do you have plans for the weekend or are you just going with the flow?

19 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

CHILI!!!!! Holy yum.

This weekend = Same-old, same-old.... personal-training sessions, schoolwork, Whole Foods trip...

I am Angie Pooh said...

That chili looks amazing!!! :-)

Holly said...

Mmmmm....I love me some chili!

This weekend I'm praying they will finally fix my heat so I can "move" back in. :-)

The Blonde Duck said...

I love chili! I'm taking it easy before the chaos of the holidays hit!

Jenn said...

Glad you enjoyed! :) In a pinch, when I'm really craving (and don't judge foodies...it's only once in awhile) it, you can take a box of instant stuffing cook it and add a can of smoked oysters to it. It's not as good as Mom's, but it'll do the trick.

And, seriously, chili is the best thing about this cold weather!

HangryPants said...

Going with the flow. :D

Chilli looks excellent.

Trying To Heal said...

oh, chili looks yummy. i need to try a hand at making my own one day.

this weekend i'm going home to get my car tuned up, see my brothers and family and go out on an owl netting adventure saturday night! yay!

Anonymous said...

Mm, love the beany chili!! I was just commenting on Eating Bird Food about how much I love chili and how it's been so long since I've had it. Maybe next time it will involve beans ;o)

This weekend I'm going downtown to Chicago to watch them light up the city for the holidays - YAY!

Maggie M. said...

Just going with the flow I think... Bobby wanted to go to Dave and Busters on Friday night but I'm not really feeling it so I might stay in.

Nazarina A said...

Your chili looks so freaking good! Sometimes the simplest of ingredients makes the most delicious dishes!! I have awards for you!

Anonymous said...

plans never to eat chili.

(wait did I say that out loud?)

Im not a fan :)

yet.

I know. Im a picky eater...

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

yeah~~~~~~~~~ Chili!!!! it's my recent favorite meal. whenever I'm not sure what I want, I go for a good bowl of spicy chili.

For the weekend? don't know yet, hopefully I can get sometime for shopping! ^^

Anonymous said...

Just read your guest blog on CNC! Love your recipes! Have a wonderful day!

Aggie said...

Oh your chili looks so good! I love chili!

We are headed out for a vacation this weekend! Driving up to Tennesee to stay in Gatlinburg till Wednesday, then back home for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ... chili is my fav! It's so comforting AND so easy to whip together!!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love chili! Especially with tons of veggies! Great combo!

Anonymous said...

Love the multitude of beans in the chili!

My weekends are sadly booked until February! Don't ask me how that happened, but I am going to be one busy girl over the next couple of months

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that recipe - I really love chili and yours looks awesome. :)

Becca said...

I wanted to go to a food and wine show but apparently we are cleaning out my old house...yuck.