Sunday, November 30, 2008

Blogger Week #2- Post 2-Pineapple Banana Bread

I cannot believe that it is Sunday! I wish this weekend would last forever! I got some good sleeps last night! So far today, I gave the Frankster a bath, baked up something lovely, and went for a quick two mile run. I am about to go do a little Christmas shopping.

For my second blogger recipe, I made a recipe from athlEAT, Lauren’s Pineapple Banana Bread!! I thought this would be perfect for a quick grab and go breakfast! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
8oz can crushed pineapple (she used this instead of butter!)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana
Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Mix pineapple, sugar together in separate bowl. Add eggs and banana to pineapple/brown sugar mixture. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and mix well. Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan lightly with PAM and then pour in batter. Bake 60-65 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY!

I made this in three mini loaf pans instead of one large pan. The baking time was approximately 40-45 minutes.




Lauren- so moist, so yummy! Thank you for this recipe! Again, if you want one of your recipes featured in blogger week #3, email it to me at itzyskitchen at gmail dot com. Whatcha doin today?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks great!! I wonder if u can sub pineapple for butter in other recipes?? I always attempt to sub healthier ingredients, and my goods sit on the counter b/c my mom tells me I didn't use enough butter and/or sugar, and that's what makes stuff taste good :D Oh well, back to the drawing board for me..

Anonymous said...

The cutest! I love those little loaves!
Today I'm just grading papers, doing yoga, and cooking. :) And wishing we were hanging out!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Another brilliant blogger recipe!! As many times as I've baked banana bread loaves, I've never thought of using pineapple in the mix (**slaps forehead**).

Plans for today = already had my yoga and personal-training sessions, so now I have to work on a group project at the library (**groans**).

lauren said...

cool! so glad you made it and enjoyed it! I just got back from the gym, am doing a bunch of laundry while watching football, and then going grocery shopping!

K from ksgoodeats said...

Sounds like a successful recipe :)

Today - I am curled up with my Chem book while staring at the blizzard outside!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum!!! I love all of the creative takes on banana bread i've found in the blog world! :) Today I'm trying to stay warm and fuzzy despite the dreary weather outside...yoga, baking and knitting!

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of banana bread.. But did it taste too pineapplely, or was it just right, with it being a substitution for oil... I'm very interested in this recipe! :D

Anonymous said...

Mm Mm Mm!! I've never tried banana bread with pineapple before - but I can imagine that it is pretty darn tasty!! Looks great :o)

I just got back from golf with the fam, and now I must study for upcoming finals...blech! Hope you're enjoying your day!

Trying To Heal said...

MMMM!! that sounds like something me and my mom would love!! can't wait to try!!!

Pearl said...

that looks great! i wonder how they'd turn out with whole wheat!

Aggie said...

Great quick bread...yummy flavors!

I put up my Christmas tree today, along with some decorations around the house...feels great to have it done! I love looking at Christmas lights!

I Run for Fun said...

I love pineapple and I love banana. This looks yummy!

Elizabeth said...

Ooh. Looks like it turned out really good!

Unknown said...

My my, that sounds awesome :)

CECIL said...

How come I have never thought mixing pineapple in banana bread?! Pineapple is my favorite fruit and I love good ol' banana bread. Mhhh...