Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Banana Bread, Pumpkin Bread, Apple/Pear Streusel Pie, Dinner

Thank goodness its Wednesday! I am thrilled to have the next two days off of work! Today was a pretty easy/simple day. I got up and ate a nice breakfast and drank tons of water. I went into work and donated blood with no issues! They gave me a sprite to drink while I donated and I think it helped a lot! Here is my proof:


When I got home this afternoon it was baking time! I started with banana chocolate chip bread for Friday's breakfast. I used Kath's recipe, added a little bit of brown sugar, left out the walnuts and added a bit more chocolate chips:



Next up, I made Pumpkin bread with pecans. I used a recipe from For the Love of Cooking and added pecans instead of walnuts.

Lastly, I made an Apple and Pear Streusel Pie from Food network.


For dinner tonight I wanted to make something simple/easy! I made these pineapple/chicken won tons that I picked up from Whole Foods. I boiled them up and served them with mixed vegis and pineapple in stir fry sauce.


The won tons didn't have a strong pineapple flavor but they were yummy!
I have one more dish to make for thanksgiving, a spinach and cheese side dish. I will post pictures tomorrow. Have you started cooking yet??

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, donating blood! What wonderful pie and breads! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Wow, a lot of baking! Everything looks good!

Anonymous said...

I just made cookies!! I think that's the extent of my contribution, yours look great!

Anonymous said...

Your breads look amazing!

Tonight I am making pecan pie, mac and cheese and my daughter is doing two side dishes. The rest is left til the morning!

Becca said...

Yay for you for donating blood! I never have because I just make the weight requirement and have passed out just getting blood drawn for tests so I 'm too scared :(

Awesome looking breads and pie!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

You did so many goodies~~~~~~~ I wish I had a big family/friends here so I can cook/bake more often!!!!!~~~~~

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for donating blood! Girl, all of your baking looks ah-mazing as usual!

Krista said...

OMG all that baking looks SO good! You must've been busy! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Look at that arm muscle! You go girl!

WE've started cooking here, but none of the fun stuff until tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Way to contribute our blood angel pie. I wish I could but my iron is always too low.
NICE BICEP btw!
You were wild in the kitch today!

Esi said...

Good for you for donating blood! They won't let me (new tattoos and low iron, bad combo). I love all the baking too! I am not doing anything in terms of Thanksgiving cooking and I like it.

Anonymous said...

Mmm wontons! And great job on donating blood!

Maggie M. said...

Oh my goodness all those baked goods look aMAZing. Wow.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Pearl said...

yaaaaay for donating blood!
and the pictures of your breads look great - they rise so beautifully!

tonight i made more pumpkin cheesecake squares and pecan pie squares. my mom is doing the turkey and the "main" dishes tomorrow. i'm going to be making some more cookies tomorrow (we have kids over... it's in case they don't like pumpkin or pecans) and then it's party time!

i hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving :)

HangryPants said...

Lots of good baking!


Happy Thanksgiving, Erica!!!

Heather

Trying To Heal said...

wow, all those baked goods look AMAZING!!!!

have a wonderful thanksgiving!!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'd like some of the apple and pear pie, please. I made a pecan pie last night before I held up to my mom and dad's and freaked out because I thought I burned it! Ben did a taste test and declared it, mighty fine, leaving a cute little spoon sized hole in the middle!

Anonymous said...

your baking looks absolutely wonderful Erica! and i love that asian wonton meal!

happy turkey day!

Unknown said...

look at those guns ;-) hehe, love all the baking!! i did the pumpkin chiffon the night before, along with cranberry sauce! hope you had anice thanksgiving

Pam said...

Wow... a post full of delicious looking treats and a tasty dinner. The apple/pear streusel pie is calling my name.

Aggie said...

Hi Erica!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family! All of your baked treats look delish!!

Anonymous said...

Yum yum yum!!! So many great eats in this post! :)