Monday, August 11, 2008

First day/salads and delicious quick bread

Thank you all for the well wishes on my first day of work :) Things went ok- there was a little mix up with my training, so I won't be fully trained and ready to roll until next week....but I got my computer and all that jazz setup today, so that was good! After work, I went to Josh's softball game. They played really well! We came home and I made a quick wheat bread recipe. I miss the yeast bread, but I just haven't had the time lately to make any. In any case, this wheat bread was a delicious substitute!

Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread
Inspired by this recipe

Ingredients
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 4-5 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 cups milk
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Grind oatmeal in a food processor or blender. In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in vegetable oil then stir in the milk. Combine both mixtures and stir until a soft dough is formed. Move dough into a greased (I sprayed with pam) baking dish (bread dish, whatever you've got!).
  3. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes (check with toothpick)
My salad with the bread:


10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

So glad that work is off to a great start - keep it up!!

Sounds like a great quick-bread and salad!!

HangryPants said...

Every time you make something, I want to make it. Stop! Just kidding.

Thanks for you kind words on my long ass post today. :) Glad work went well.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Hangry.
And not.

Every time you make something I want YOU to make it for ME.

Glad work is starting off well!


MizFit

Jenn said...

I'm glad that work is going well, and that quick-bread looks amazing! So easy, too - I think I'll make a batch this weekend!

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, Erica. It really meant a lot, and it's comforting to know I'm not alone! And of course, I love your blog as well :o) As HangryPants and MizFit said, every recipe you make motivates me to try something new!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had a great first day. It seems like training/orientation always gets messed up (alas HR, I wish some were better), so you're probably right on track!

Love the salad with a little bread. Decadent!

Becca said...

Yum, that bread looks tasty! I know what you mean about not having time for yeast breads! I really want to work on them but can't plan out the time it requires in between everything else!

Erica said...

Thanks again for all the kind words- you guys are the BEST!

Hangry- any time- you deserve it!

Mizfit- haha, no problem :)

Jenn- Aw...thanks :) You totally deserve it though! I look forward to your posts every day!

Becca- Yes! I need more free time :)

Bratja said...

I am definitely trying to make this bread. It looks so good!

sue said...

徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿

shopping blog said...

The curve of pandora jewelry the end of the ironing board to Pandora charms act as the shoulder. Now, mist pandora bracelets and charms the shirt with your spray bottle and then buy Pandora you start ironing over the front of the discount pandora bracelets shirt. When you approach the part of Pandora necklace the shirt that has the buttons on the pandora necklace beads edges, you pull the bottom part of the shirt taught and then work against Pandora necklace sale the direction you are pulling at with the iron. Next you will then proceed to pull the shoulder taught by cheap pandora charms once again pulling the end of the shirt so that you can iron the front of the shirt where your pectoral muscles would be.