Monday, August 11, 2008

First day/salads and delicious quick bread

Thank you all for the well wishes on my first day of work :) Things went ok- there was a little mix up with my training, so I won't be fully trained and ready to roll until next week....but I got my computer and all that jazz setup today, so that was good! After work, I went to Josh's softball game. They played really well! We came home and I made a quick wheat bread recipe. I miss the yeast bread, but I just haven't had the time lately to make any. In any case, this wheat bread was a delicious substitute!

Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread
Inspired by this recipe

Ingredients
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 4-5 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 cups milk
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
  2. Grind oatmeal in a food processor or blender. In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, dissolve honey in vegetable oil then stir in the milk. Combine both mixtures and stir until a soft dough is formed. Move dough into a greased (I sprayed with pam) baking dish (bread dish, whatever you've got!).
  3. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes (check with toothpick)
My salad with the bread:


8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad that work is off to a great start - keep it up!!

Sounds like a great quick-bread and salad!!

HangryPants said...

Every time you make something, I want to make it. Stop! Just kidding.

Thanks for you kind words on my long ass post today. :) Glad work went well.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Hangry.
And not.

Every time you make something I want YOU to make it for ME.

Glad work is starting off well!


MizFit

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that work is going well, and that quick-bread looks amazing! So easy, too - I think I'll make a batch this weekend!

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, Erica. It really meant a lot, and it's comforting to know I'm not alone! And of course, I love your blog as well :o) As HangryPants and MizFit said, every recipe you make motivates me to try something new!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you had a great first day. It seems like training/orientation always gets messed up (alas HR, I wish some were better), so you're probably right on track!

Love the salad with a little bread. Decadent!

Becca said...

Yum, that bread looks tasty! I know what you mean about not having time for yeast breads! I really want to work on them but can't plan out the time it requires in between everything else!

Erica said...

Thanks again for all the kind words- you guys are the BEST!

Hangry- any time- you deserve it!

Mizfit- haha, no problem :)

Jenn- Aw...thanks :) You totally deserve it though! I look forward to your posts every day!

Becca- Yes! I need more free time :)

Anonymous said...

I am definitely trying to make this bread. It looks so good!