Friday, August 22, 2008

Turkey/Rice Balls, Friday!!

I am so glad its Friday!! Last night was another Body Step night. After, I did a little shopping (one last ditch attempt to find a new dress for my cousins beach wedding this weekend) and then came home to make dinner. I was in the mood for meatballs, but didn't want to make the traditional spaghetti and meatballs so I tried something new. Dinner started with sugar snap peas:



Broccolini:

And finally Turkey and Rice Balls:

Ingredients:
1 package ground turkey (lean- about 1 1/3 pounds)
1/3 cup parm cheese
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 an onion chopped
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Directions:

Mix all ingredients except spaghetti sauce. Form 12 round balls and place on a cookie sheet. Turn oven onto broil and place meatballs on top shelf of oven for approximately 14 minutes (or until no longer pink). Place turkey rice balls in spaghetti sauce heating on the stove top. Serve with additional parm sprinkled on top!

I thought they turned out pretty well but Josh LOVED them. I probably ate about 3 1/2 turkey meatballs and he ate the rest! I'm asking for his metabolism for my birthday haha. Any good weekend plans?

10 comments:

Samantha said...

Hey Erica,
I am pretty sure it was round 34 - Josette told me it was the newest round. It is different; you do so many things opposite from other rounds. It is like retraining your brain - I know what to do but my body is so used to the other way. I could not believe how tough the workout was - it totally kicked my booty!!! Of course I love it - Turbo ROCKS. Oh, and the Turbo section is CRAZY, what is it like 5 minutes long :)

Samantha said...

I started Going for Gold DVD, teaches correct posture and how to execute punches, kicks, signature moves. Awesome so far!! My instructor (Josette) offered to help me out with anything I need for training. She is actually the rep. for Turbo Kick in my area - she will be presenting the Master Class that I attend to get my certification. She was so thrilled when I told her last night that I am going to train to teach - she is looking for more instructors around here, I guess it is kind of dry.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sugar-snap peas & broccolini?? YUM!!

I'm sure by now that you can guess what I'll for sure be doing this weekend ;0) Oh and 'll also be attending a BBQ!!

Fitnessista said...

what a delicious dinner! my husband's metabolism is the same way... i would LOVE to have it!
did you find a dress for the wedding??

tonight, i'm having dinner with the girls since the pilots have a roll call (excuse for them to drink and then we have to go pick them up) and tomorrow night we're having mediterranean food with some friends. i also have a decent amount of hw!

have a wonderful weekend!

HangryPants said...

I didn't know you were a shortie like me. I guess your comment picture looks tall. I have no idea what that means! Anyway, yay for shortness.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Broccoli Love!
Drop by my website if you have time and tell me your dinner pick at a great restaurant tonight…

http://www.twinsky.wordpress.com

dinner at:

http://www.thedodo.net
thanks!

Anonymous said...

turkey and rice balls sound awesome!

Anonymous said...

Haha I would love my boyfriend's metabolism. Honestly, they have it so darn good!!

Those turkey rice balls DO look mouth-wateringly delicious :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm adding you to my blogroll, Bonita!