Sunday, August 24, 2008

Taco night, Biscotti, Wedding (weekend wrap up)

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe the weekend is coming to a close! This has been a hectic weekend for us! Friday afternoon after food shopping, I came home and made a biscotti recipe based off of a recipe Esi had posted (she has the best ideas!!). I added almonds and chocolate chips (few too many chocolate chips :) ) to get this delicious recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon sugar
6 tablespoons honey
1- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds (you choose your desired amount)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract)
2 or 3 tablespoons water

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, almonds and chocolate chips. In a separate small bowl whisk together the egg, sugar, honey, and extracts.

Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until they come together. Add water by the tablespoon-full if necessary.

Form the dough into an oval on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes.

Slice the dough into 1/2 inch slices and bake again at 325 degrees for 10 minutes on each side. Store in an airtight container.


They are heavenly. I, like Esi, wish I had sliced them thinner but they are delicious. Once the biscotti was finished, Josh and I headed over to our friend Jordan's to hang out with him and his girlfriend Gina. We were planning on watching the Eagle's/Patriots game, but it wasn't on TV down here. We were disappointed, but decided to watch the movie Vantage Point instead (which turned out to be awesome). We also made tacos with ground beef, corn, refried beans, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, etc=heavenly!


On Saturday morning, we left to go to my cousins wedding at the shore in NJ. The wedding was RIGHT on the beach and was gorgeous! My cousin looked incredible and we had an absolute blast. The food was sooo good and the music made the night! She even had a sand castle looking cake to complete the beach theme:

Before the ceremony:

The kiss:

My mom and I at the reception:


My sister and her husband:
Josh and I:

My parents:

The awesome before dinner appetizer- fresh fruit with a raspberry sauce:

I will probably be back later tonight with a dinner post :) How was your weekend?

10 comments:

Becca said...

I love the before dinner appetizer! What a great idea and so pretty.

Can you send some biscotti my way ;)

Anonymous said...

LOOK HOW CUTE YOU LOOK!
and Im not even gonna touch the fact that I feel sad for myself when I read yer posts and see all youve motivated to cook/bake/whatevs.

please to move here and do all that for me.

Miz.

Sarah said...

Family weddings are wonderful. What a great excuse for a reunion. The back of your cousin's dress and her hair look gorgeous.

Glad you had a lovely weekend!

Meighan said...

Hi Erica,

I love your blog and your healthy attitude on food and excercise!

I noticed your hubby is an Eagles fan...do you live in the Philly area?

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, what beach was that wedding at? :) It looks like fun :)

HangryPants said...

I love making biscotti! Interesting you thought yours were too thick because I think I sometimes cut mine too thick.

Looks like a great weekend!

Heather

Anonymous said...

Yum! I've never made biscotti before - yours looks great.

I'm glad you had a good time at the wedding! It looks like a fun weekend :o)

Esi said...

Erica! You totally rock!! Glad you liked the biscotti :)

Anonymous said...

Erica! Looks like you had a great weekend...I wish there were more wedding foodie pics!

Erica said...

Becca- I know! It was a refreshing change! haha- Biscotti will be in the mail later ;)

Mizfit- Aw thanks :)Keep in mind, I don't have a tornado in my houes yet so I have A LOT more free time :)

Sarah- I love the new pic. Yes her dress was gorgeous as was her hair!

Megs- Thanks! Josh is originally from the Philadelphia area but we live in MD right now and are moving to SC :)

Love- it was in sea bright, nj. Beautiful local!

Hangry- it is so hard to cut it thin while its still hot!!

Jenn- Thanks :)

Esi- I am going to keep a hold of this recipe forever!!

Twinksy- I know! I get shy about taking public photos of my food :)