Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shrimp, edamame & corn

Hows your week going so far? Mine is going pretty well! I am excited that tomorrow is already Thursday!!!! Tonight I got the house cleaned up (as per usual- this whole selling your house thing is totally annoying) and then I taught Turbo Kick. I felt like I kind of taught terrible tonight....who knows :) I was starving when I came home but wanted to avoid being a snack monster again! Frank and I sat and read some blogs while we waited for Frank's dad to come home. I then and made a really easy dinner. I boiled up some shelled/deveined/tail-less shrimp and topped it with a very small amount of olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice and some old bay. I also boiled up some edamame and corn. I topped them with a little red pepper for flavor. Along with this I had some pineapple. Below is a picture of my plate- but picture double that amount of shrimp and edamame/corn (haha....it was so delicious...who can eat only that much :)). Now its time for project runway- I can't wait!

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yep, the week is going by quickly, and is great :0)

Frank!! What a darling :0)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I can't get enough of Frank!!! he definitely gives Baylee a run for her money! :) Although I'm sure Frank wins in the behavior department :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Saw your comment on my blog: I'm the only one in my family who is vegan - no one is even a vegetarian!! I'm just very blessed with a supportive family :0)

Lori said...

Frank is so awesome! I love the picture.

Anonymous said...

Shrimp + edamame/corn succotash is one of my favorite meals ever! I completely understand the need to go back for seconds.

Love Frank :o)

Jenn said...

Frank is beyond awesome.

Isn't that weird how some days your on and others you just feel like you're not? I hate teaching on those days. I'm sure you did great though -- it's probably just you who noticed. :)

Unknown said...

That's a healthy plate! I tried edamame the other day and it is really good!

Erica said...

VG- That is awesome that your family is so supportive!

Melissa- haha, they're both cuties :)

Lori- thank you ;)

Jenn- would you believe that is my first time making edamame? I've had it before but its my first time making it at home (not that its hard)! I love it...I ate it for lunch today too!

Jenn- thanks for the supportive words :) I hate days when I feel like I taught like poop....I am teaching Step tonight, so I will try to make up for yesterday :)

GoT- I need to check out your webpage- yes Edamame is fab!