Sunday, August 24, 2008

Inspiration (Dinner, Pasta Making, Fav blogger :))

Second post of the day, so I will try to make this one more brief :) Tonight I made an easy dinner, pita pizzas served with pineapple and peach chunks. It was delicious and quick!

After dinner, I decided to work on another dinner project. I have been SO SO inspired by so many of you bloggers that I am constantly searching your sites for recipe ideas! One of my VERY favorite bloggers is Sarah from Suite Apple Pie. She is so creative and is always surprising me with new an exciting recipes and ideas (her granola- which is a staple in my house is baking in the oven right now). Tonight I tried making her chicken purse pasta, using ingredients I had on hand. It was easy and fun to make and I cannot wait to cook it up later in the week! For the wraps, I used the following:

My filling was as follows:

1/3 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
1 tablespoon parmesean cheese
1/2 tsp italian seasoning

I used her exact methods and got the following finished product ready for freezing:
Sarah- Thank you for this awesome recipe! Have a good night :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicken purse pasta?! That looks almost too cute to eat! I would definitely still eat it though, since it also looks scrumptious :o)

Have a great week!

Sarah said...

I LOVE pita pizzas!!! They are actually one of my earliest memories, my mom used to make them for us.

And the purses are perfection. You are so kind; it makes me so happy to know I make a difference in your life.

You make a difference in mine too. This is such an amazing medium, I know I have a friend and kindred spirit hundreds of miles away.

Fitnessista said...

what a beautiful dinner!!! i'll need to make that one for the hubby- he's a pasta fanastic.
enjoy the rest of your night!!

Trying To Heal said...

that pasta looks perfect!!!! and your pita pizza looks soooo good...i need to get some pita and make one...

have a great monday!

Erica said...

Jenn-Thanks! Yes, they are adorable and hopefully delicious! I will let you know!

Sarah-You have def made a difference :)

Fitnessista- Yes! Give it a whirl! I bet the husband will love it!

Just me- Pita pizza is the best easy meal! I love making it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe!Looks tasty!

Jenn said...

I love pita pizzas. So easy and totally satisfy a craving! And those purses are sooo cute. I could totally make those for my next par-tay...