Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dang Quesadilla

Tonight was a tough night...I had to tell my Turbo Kick class that I would be moving. I walked in thinking it was going to be easy but got a little chocked up as I tried to form the words. This class has been with me since I first started teaching. They were kind when I was terrible and stumbling through routines and stuck with me. I will be so sad to leave them in a month :(. Josh had his last softball game tonight and was headed out with the boys after. Left to make dinner for uno, I started down the road to snack-monsterdom with a bowl of random fruit topped with granola-


It was super delicious, but I decided that instead of snacking on additional items, I would go do all of the housework I had on my list before deciding on dinner (ironing/vacuuming/laundry/filing bills away, etc). Once done, I decided to make a quesadilla using low fat cheddar cheese and leftover sloppy lentil beans. I also added some corn and peas and a hint of chili powder. All together on a whole wheat tortilla prior to cooking- it was yum-o.

I may or may not go and snack on some more corn and peas (I have a chunk leftover). I figured I'd take a blog break to get my hunger level in check. Now its project runway time- hooray! Thank goodness tomorrow is Thursday!! I can't wait for this longggg weekend! Plus my birthday is Tuesday! Is it sad that with all of the moving stuff going on I almost forgot about my birthday until Josh's mom asked what I wanted? haha.

15 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, so sorry about having to say goodbye to your class :0( Just think about the positive memories from it, since it's undoubtedly been a great experience for you!!

PROJECT RUNWAY!!!!! My parents and I are all ready to watch (we never miss an episode, haha!)

Fitnessista said...

i'm sorry to hear that you had to say goodbye to your class-- when we moved from az and i had to stop teaching dance classes i was a crying mess for about a week, so i totally understand. hopefully the next place you go, you'll have an equally amazing group of students

hope you have a great night!!!

Samantha said...

I bet your class is bummed they are losing you, a good Turbo instructor is key to the workout. I would totally cry if Josette left my gym. That really says something about your ability to create a following which I am sure you will be able to do at your new location.

chandra said...

Awe, saying goodbye is always hard. :( Will you be teaching turbo when you move?

Esi said...

Aw, sorry your day wasn't so great. I must say, you snack better than I eat on a regular day but it all looks great. Luckily there's a long weekend to relax. Happy almost birthday!!

HangryPants said...

Aww they are going to miss you. Sweet. Have a great Project Runway night.

Trying To Heal said...

ah, goodbyes always suck. they'll miss you i'm sure. and maybe you can get a new class after you move!!

and your quesadilla sounds wonderfully yummy...!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, I hate goodbyes :o( It sounds like such a wonderful group though, so at least you have a lot of fun memories to take with you to your next destination! But I'm sure you will be missed!

Yay birthday! That's so funny that you almost forgot about it! You should make some extra exciting plans to compensate ;o)

Anonymous said...

Aw I am sorry you're having to leave your class. I am in the process of switching studios, and hopefully won't have to say any goodbyes...(I am TAKIN MY CLIENTS WITH ME DARNIT!)

Lori said...

It has to be tough to say good bye to a supportive class. They are definitely rare. I've had my share of bad attitude participants when I was getting started. The bond between instructor and students can definitely be a strong one. I'm sure you have helped a ton of people reach their fitness goals!

Happy early birthday!! My goodness, don't forget! It is the one day of the year that should be all about you. Have fun!

Erica said...

Thank you all for your wonderful and sweet comments. You're the best :) I am going to be teaching at a new gym in SC...I've already been talking to the group fitness manager :) They have both of the programs I regularly teach (body step and turbo kick!!), hopefully they will have some opening so I can at least pick up 1 class to start (fingers crossed).

Project runway last night was great. What'd you all think?

Jenn said...

Is there anything better than fruit and granola? Methinks no. :)

And happy early bday!!!

Jenn said...

p.s. That sucks about your class...just goes to show how good of an experience it was. :)

Anonymous said...

so?
what did you say?

what is your birthday longing, you SPRING CHICKEN YOU!

Unknown said...

I just went to my last body pump class before I move, i was quite sad as well!!! Instructors really do make all the difference :) Just think of all the new people you'll get to meet and help soon!

(I don't know boston that well, so i'm in the city for now. Once I get there and get some exploring, we'll see! Plus I'm holding out on getting a car as long as I can!!)