Thursday, August 14, 2008

Banana Bread, black bean dip

A nice night :) Jill and I launched a new body step release and it went really well! The new music is a lot of fun! I also love teaching with Jill!! After class, I rushed home to make some treats to bring to a friends house. Our friend, who use to live with us (Frank's Uncle Jordan), recently moved out and into a place of his own. Tonight we were going to see it for the first time and to watch the Eagles game (Josh and Jordan are both big eagles fans......and they both really love my team too- the Patriots haha). I was trying to decide between several banana bread recipes ( the one Jenn made looked incredible, but I was missing ingredients so I ended up making a hybrid of several recipes):

Banana Marble Pudding Bread:

Ingredients
Dry Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flor
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup packed brown sugar

Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce)
1 egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 to a whole individual serving sugar free pudding cup (depending upon the amount of moisture you like)
3 smashed bananas

For Marble:
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another. Combine wet and dry ingredients. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips (it took about 1 1/2 minutes in my microwave). Once melted, add 1 cup banana bread mixture to chocolate chips and mix well. Spray loaf pan. Layer regular banana bread mixture and chocolate banana bread mixture to form marble. Bake for approximately 50 minutes (check with toothpick).

I also made the black bean dip I posted about here.





Once everything was done, we headed over to Jordan's. His new place is great! He also made some food- pigs in a blanket and awesome pasta salad. Here are a few pics from the night:

Josh enjoying a miller lite during the eagles game:



Jordan's pasta salad:


Pigs in a blanket (I taught him this one...easy crowd pleasing appetizer):


Uncle Jordan in Eagles attire:

Wonderful night! Yayy for tomorrow being Friday and the end of my first full week of work at my new job- what do you all have going on this weekend...I want details!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

That bread looks deeelish. And those pigs in a blanket so seriously so cute. I want to pinch them. Then eat them. hehe.

Nothing too big going on this weekend. Hopefully just lots of time for reading, cleaning and watching the Olympics!!! Oh, and I'm going to a fundraiser with an 80s prom them. THAT should be fun.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a great evening!! Love the banana bread and black bean dip - yum!!

This weekend I'll be training for dance - no surprise there, haha :0) Hope your weekend goes welL!!

Anonymous said...

Yum yum!! Your banana bread looks a million times better than my recipe! Wow - I'm going to steal yours, if you don't mind ;o)

Sounds like a fun night! I love pigs in a blanket!

This weekend I'm planning on watching the Olympics and starting to pack to go home to my family for the rest of the summer. Wahoo!!

Hope you have a good one :o)

Anonymous said...

hey thanks so much for the comment on my blog! :D i love all of the awesome recipes on yours, i can't wait to try some! i see you teach group fitness- i'm a personal trainer but start teaching spin next week and zumba and step in september, which i'm way excited for!

your dog is SO CUTE! i looooove english bulldogs!

this weekend we have NO PLANS! it is so refreshing-- so we'll see what the weekend brings.

hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love how you made the banana bread a marble banana bread. The marble just makes it extra fun!

I love pigs in a blanket! Yum!

Erica said...

Jenn- haha. 80's prom theme? That sounds AWESOME! I hope you go all out!

VG- the bean dip is seriously my fav! I bought more ingredients to make it for my lunches this week! Hope all the dancing this weekend goes well :

Jenn- You are welcome to steal it : I'd use a whole pudding cup! I'm going to make more today for another friend!Good luck with the packing!

Fitnessista- Thats great! Good for you :) You will have to let me know how all your classes go!

Anonymous said...

i hope you are enjoying your weekend... my big plans are tackling wedding stuff!!!!!

Fitnessista said...

hey i just added you to my blogroll as well :) hope you're having fun this weekend!
no, i haven't taken any zumba training (just classes when i go to orlando) but they're letting me teach it since i have my group fitness cert and a dance background. what are some of your favorite zumba songs??? i could totally use some help!