Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Monday

Today was not so bad for Monday! I had training and then was pretty busy at work. After work, I ran around my house cleaning and then took Body Pump. To complete the night I went to Josh's softball game. Now I am just waiting for my dinner to be done! So...before I get to what I made for dinner.... a few people asked about what I eat and all that jazz. I decided today to make a list of what I ate all day. I am what you may call...a grazer. I eat a little bit all day. So here is my list:


Breakfast-
Half an apple with 1/2 tablespoon Peanutbutter
Grande Skim Misto

Mid Morning Snack-
Apple

Lunch-
Raw carrots and peppers with black bean dip
fat free stonyfield farms organic vanilla yogurt
Hot chocolate (it was FREEZING in the office today)

Afternoon snack part 1-
Other half of morning apple with 1 tablespoon PB
6 or so tortilla chips

Afternoon snack part 2 (after body pump)-
carrots and hummus

Dinner-
Chicken Vegetable bake (recipe to follow)


So that is my list! Feel free to comment away!

So for dinner tonight, I experimented a bit. I love casseroles but they're soooo unhealthy. Tonight I decided to lighten it up a bit and try my own thing(based on inspiration from this recipe):

Chicken Vegi Casserole
Feel free to adjust this recipe based on whatever you have on hand.

Ingredients-
2 chicken breasts cooked (I grilled mine, feel free to omit)
1 bag fresh broccoli
1 can of corn
1 can of lima beans
1 can of peas
2 2/3 cups milk
5 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
bread crumbs
Favorite seasoning (experiment!)

Directions-
Preheat oven to 375. Mix 2/3 cup of milk and 5 tablespoons of flour with a whisk. In a large pot, add 2 cups milk, all vegis, and milk/flour mixture, season with favorite seasoning (I used creole seasoning cause ...why not :)). Cook until mixture is thick and bubbling. Remove from heat, add cheese and mix well. Transfer to large sprayed baking dish. Top with bread crumbs. Cook for 20 minutes. Enjoy!


6 comments:

HangryPants said...

I'm a grazer, too. Love your cheesy caserole.

Heather

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad that Monday wasn't so bad - here's to Tuesday being AMAZING for you!! :0)

Anonymous said...

I loove grazing. That's why it was getting extra hard for me to blog all of my meals. Now it's much easier to focus on one or two major meals and less on all the little snacks in between :o)

I love your version of a casserole!!

Jenn said...

I tend to graze. A little of this here, a little of that there. I try really hard to eat only when I'm hungry and stop once I'm about 75 percent full. :)

Fitnessista said...

i'm a total grazer too... i love it, because i'm never actually super starving during the day since i'm always snacking.

thanks for the casserole recipe-- it looks delicious!

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your site, but Body Pump caught my eye :) i LOVE this class, and am very bummed about leaving Penn...

looks like we have similar tastes, I'll be checking back soon!