Sunday, August 17, 2008

Calm Before the Storm

There is something about Sundays I love and there is something about Sundays I hate (mostly that Monday is the next day :)). Sundays are definitely the calm before the storm. I use my Sundays to relax and prepare things that I will need during the week. Today I went to the pool to get some relaxing in. My friend Nikki joined me and it was great to sit and chat :). I also did some errands and cleaned the house up. I put together some black bean dip (to use in my lunches as a dip for vegis) and boiled up a bundle of hard boiled eggs for Josh's breakfasts. For dinner tonight I had planned to make a nice cornmeal crusted shrimp but opted for something much easier! I took Nature's Promise Mac and Cheese:

and added some boiled shrimp and peas. It was a delicious and fast dinner:


The rest of my weekend was great as well! Friday I took Body Pump and then Josh and I went out to dinner. Saturday I taught Body Step/Turbo Kick and then made up some of the banana marble swirl bread.
The bread and a platter I bought at Pier 1 were housewarming gifts for my friends Amy and Mark. We went up to their house (which is gorgeous!!) on Saturday night and then went out to dinner. It was a blast!! How was your weekends? What do you have planned for this week?

8 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I too have a love-hate relationship with Sundays.

Glad you had a great weekend!! My weekend was great and relaxing as well :0) During this upcoming week, I'll be dancing - as always, haha :0)

Jenn said...

I spent all morning today cleaning then the rest lounging. It's been niiiice...

Plus, the weather here is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I definitely feel the same way about Sundays. I dread going to sleep because I know when I wake up, the weekend is officially over!

That mac & cheese with shrimp looks just yum. So does the banana marble bread - I'm sure your friends were very impressed!

The weather was definitely perfect here over the weekend, so I spent a lot of it outside! And this week marks the last of the internship, so I'll be heading home to see my family soon! Hurray!

Hope you have a great one :o)

Anonymous said...

Im weighing for the sunday DAY love and then weekend wrap up loathe.


*sigh*

monday is HERE and life is calling.

healthy ashley said...

I love Sundays! Mondays? Not so much!

You're always talking about group fitness classes. This week, I WILL try one!

Anonymous said...

The food looks tasty...glad your weekend went well!

Becca said...

I am at the restaurant most of the week including Saturday...cake days Wednesday and Thursday though...its going to be a looong week.

Hope you have a great one!

Erica said...

VG- Enjoy the dancing. Any shows coming up?

Jenn- Yes! The weather has been just perfect!

Jenn- Thank you :) Good luck at your last week!!! You must be thrilled!

Mizfit- you crack me up :)

Ashley- Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Mark- thanks!

Becca- yayy can't wait for the cake pics!