Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another workout for my oven..and me ;)

Hi Everyone! Happy Christmas Eve Eve! Last night and this afternoon, I got all my baking done!! Josh and I leave tomorrow for Nashville and I wanted to bring along some tasty treats to share with his family.

First up, I made a Coconut Banana Bread from Baking Bites. It turned out really well!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed banana (2 med-large)
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded coconut

Directions:
Preheat oven 350F and lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until well combined, then whisk in the mashed banana, coconut milk, butter and vanilla extract. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure no streaks of flour remain. Stir in shredded coconut and pour batter out into prepared baking pan.Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with only a few moist crumbs attached.

Turn loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
I actually ended up making two loaves of this bread since I had extra ingredients. Next I made four dozen of my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Last night I also made two batches of Suite Apple Pie's Granola with added craisins.


This afternoon I also made pumpkin bread....but it was from a William's Sonoma mix (I cheated ;) ).
Here are the three loaves together...
Someone took a slice out of that last one....I wonder who that was ;)


After all my baking was complete, I ran out to the gym and taught Body Step. Josh made dinner tonight (thank you Joshers!!). He made his turkey stir fry with Asian veggies, pine nuts, and stir fry sauce. It was very yummy. Are you ready for all the holiday craziness?
Note: I may take a few days off from blogging...or maybe not ...I haven't decided yet :) If I do, enjoy the holidays!

34 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I LOVE the recipes on the Baking Bites site - great stuff!!

Let the Christmas festivities begin!! :-D Enjoy your holiday!!

HangryPants said...

Wow you certainly baked a bunch!

Unknown said...

i'm jealous of your workout!! mine only came from kneading pierogi dough :) so many goodies, love baking bites!

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you, but definitely take the days off if you need or want to. :) How nice of Josh! He sounds like a great guy. I wish we could double date with ya'll.

Becca said...

I love that banana bread recipe! Its so good! Everything looks awesome!

K from ksgoodeats said...

You were Betty Crocker today! Everything looks great!!

Am I ready for the holidays?! NO!!! I may go crazy before it's all said and done ;) Enjoy your holiday!

Anonymous said...

Coconut and cinnamon. You’ve got me there. This is going in my “Fun Stuff” folder and will be attempted soon =) It’s dinner time and my mouth is just watering. That gronaloa looks delicious and healthy =) That’s always a bonus.

Happy Holidays & Enjoy Nashville!

amy. said...

Oh man those bread loaves look insanely good! Yum :) Great workout and enjoy the christmas prep! <3

Anonymous said...

i would never have thought to put coconut and banana together but it sounds so good!!

i am SO ready for christmas :)

Trying To Heal said...

wooo! look at all that baking!! such fun!

i'm stressing about the holiday activities but on top of that the moving i'll have to do so few days afterwards...gah...time needs to slow down!

susan said...

hahah, merry christmas eve eve! thats the first time ive heard anyone say thatt. and ur pumpkin bread looks so moist and delicious :]

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

jeeze woman! do you ever stop? if you find yourself with too many baked goods, feel free to send them my way ;)

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Anonymous said...

I am amazed by all of your baking. How do you fit it all in? I bet that coconut banana bread is so good - what a great combo! Safe travels and enjoy your stay in Nashville :)

Elizabeth said...

Yum. Lots of yummy baking! :) Have great holidays!!

Anonymous said...

You were Superwoman in the kitchen today, lady! Everything looks awesome - Josh's family must love you!!

Yay for Josh making you dinner! Sound delish. I hope you have a fabulous holiday, Erica. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Diana said...

Oh wow! Coconut banana bread sounds delectable! Just like a trip to the islands! :)

Have a safe flight out to Nashville!

Anonymous said...

MMMMMmm, thanks for sharing the recipes too!

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks great! Merry Christmas!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

happy holidays!

Jenn said...

Yes, merry Christmas! I had a feeling you might do some baking. :)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Definitely a great workout!
Happy Christmas!

Krista said...

WOW!! You've been busy! Awesome job on all the baking!

Meghann said...

You are such a great little baker! I need to learn more from you. :) I hope you have a safe drive today that feels like it took no time to arrive at your destination! Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

wow! look at you go! what a great nite of baking. everything looks delicious! merry christmas :)

Anonymous said...

i made suite apple pie's granola yesterday too! i made like 6 batches of it to give as gifts! :)

merry christmas eve!

lauren said...

that was a ton of baking - good job. Have a great Christmas!

Samantha said...

You were a busy baker - everything looks yummy. Have a Merry Christmas.

Maria said...

All of your treats look wonderful! Have a safe trip! Merry Christmas to you and josh!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetheart! thanks for the sweet comments about my pictures. I loved seeing the sea lions, I had never seen them up close before and I thought it was sooo funny! I live pretty close to nashville and it is an awesome city, you will have fun! hope you have a great christmas

Anonymous said...

your baking is sooo purty Erica! everything looks delish

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

again - hope you had a wonderful christmas! love you!

Bridget said...

Those breads look so incredible!! I need to try that coconut one...YUM!!

Hope your having a great Christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

What delicious breads! Hope you had a great holiday!

Lori said...

That bread sounds so great. I hope you had an amazing Christmas. Happy New Year!!