Monday, December 1, 2008

Blogger Week #2- Post 4- Aggie's Little Meatball Soup

I recently discovered Aggie’s blog and LOVE it! I look forward to all of her posts- she always seems to make things I really like to eat! When I saw her Little Meatball Soup, I knew I had to give it a try. I switched around the soup veggies, as Josh isn’t a fan of carrots and celery. Here is the slightly adjusted recipe (keep in mind I made a half size version):

Aggie's (AWESOME) Little Meatball Soup

Ingredients:
Frozen Peas and Edamame
1/2 onion, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 TB Olive Oil
1 32-oz cartons of low sodium chicken broth
1/2 bag of fresh spinach
salt and pepper

Meatballs:
0.5 lbs of ground turkey (or ground beef)
1/2 TB of garlic powder
1/4 cup oinion, finely minced
1/2 cup paremesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1 TB milk
salt and pepper

Directions:
In a large pot with 1 TB of olive oil, combine onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until they start to soften. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add spinach, peas, and edamame and let simmer for about 20 - 25 minutes.

For turkey meatballs: In large bowl combine garlic, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs and milk, stir into a paste. Add ground turkey, salt and pepper and gently combine till completely mixed. Shape mixture into tiny balls, about 1 inch, and drop them into simmering soup. Cover over low heat, stirring gently until meatballs are cooked, about 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning.

Serve with grated Parmesan.


Aggie! This soup is so yummy! It also makes your house smell fabulous! What a great recipe!

Did you have a good day guys? My day was super busy! Frank was up barking allll last night so I didn't get up for the gym this morning :(. Work was very busy. After work, I picked up the dry cleaning, ran to the store, did stuff around the house, and then Josh and I had an appointment to walk through our future new house! By the time I got home and got dinner made, the gym was not happening :(. I will have to work extra hard tomorrow! Getting back after a long weekend is too hard!

32 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Reminds me of the classic Italian Wedding Soup!!

Today was good, but FAAAAST.

Hope Frank doesn't bark tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that soup looks great!

Today was awesome for me aside from a million appointments. I know how difficult it is getting back into the swing of things...especially during this time of year. We'll get through it!

Nazarina A said...

This soup would go great with this snowy weather we have here. Healthy and delicious!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

thanks erica!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmm looks like italian wedding soup to me too :) one of my all time fave soups!

Aggie said...

Hi Itzy! I'm SO happy you tried and liked the soup! I love your additions to it too...I love edamame! Thanks so much for all the kind words! :)

My day was good...hit the gym early for a 60 minute walk (4 miles)...I love it when I have a friend to chat with...time flies on the treadmill! I'm still playing catch up...hope tonight is better for you!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

amazing meatball soup, with all those veggies to balance out the meat. great idea!

agree with you, Mondays are tough!

Anonymous said...

Today was incredibly busy!! I hate the work that piles up over vacation...

Rose said...

Oooooh that soup looks good!

My day was meh. Not great. Not terrible. Just meh.

Esi said...

I love Aggie's creations too! This is a great looking soup. Hope your Tuesday is less stressful.

I Run for Fun said...

The soup looks so good...and so healthy.

K from ksgoodeats said...

The soup looks great!

Woohoo for going through the new house! How exciting :)

Bridget said...

Those little meatballs are too cute! What a great soup recipe. Yeah registering was so much fun, and we are planning to do Macy's and WS too!!

Fitnessista said...

that soup looks fabulous!
sorry frank kept you awake.. hope he lets you get some sleep tonight!
have a wonderful evening!

Jenn said...

Future new house -- hooray! :)

p.s. There's nothing better than a good meatball. And there's nothing cuter than a little meatball. hehe.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Aggie's blog is awesome and so is this soup.

Elizabeth said...

Soup sounds so good. It is such a cold night!

Trying To Heal said...

mmmm...sounds gooooooddddd....

tell frank to hush and let you sleep tonight! hehe!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you definitely had a busy day. Mine was a somewhat productive day in terms of school work. But today did fly by for me super fast.

Delicious soup by the way!

Anonymous said...

dear erica! thank you so much for visiting my blog again! i love that you are doing another blogger week - all these recipes look scrumptious, i love this idea so much :)

Caitlin said...

that looks great!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Fabulous soup!!

Holly said...

Oh, no! Sorry to hear about Frank. :-( I hope he is feeling better today!!

I made your Black Bean Soup last night - SO good and easy!! I'm v. glad I have leftovers. :-)

Zesty Cook said...

That soup does look great! This would go well with the winter weather upon us.

thanks for sharing

zesty

lauren said...

yum - the soup looks great!

Lori said...

Soup looks great! Oh, poor Frank. Maybe he thought you needed a day off from the gym. ;) A barking dog is the worst when you are trying to sleep. Hope you get back on track today. Have a good one!

GroundedFitness said...

ooo yum! Im with VeggieGirl- it looks like wedding soup!

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Michelle said...

My mom would make, in her words, "Shcarole soup" all the time. It was only when I grew up I found out it was the classic Italian Wedding Soup, with meatballs and escarole. Aw, thanks for the memory :-)

The Blonde Duck said...

That sounds wonderful! Yum!

Maria said...

I love Aggie's blog too! Love the changes you made to the soup!

Anonymous said...

Oh Frank! That's not nice!
Yummy...soup.
My day has been bittersweet! Last day teaching and I'll miss this group of students. They were great. :)

Anonymous said...

Mm...little meatballs!! That is so awesome :o) I want some right now!

Oh super busy days - I seem to be full of 'em lately! Can't the world just take a quick time out????