Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blogger Week #2: Post 7- Caitlin's Garbanzo Bean and Pine Nut Balls

I cannot believe it is the last day of blogger week already! Where did the week go? Like I said previously, I am going to do a part 3 (probably some time in January) and I need recipes! Please email me a recipe you want me to make at itzyskitchen at gmail dot com! Thank you friends!

So what did I choose for my last recipe (did the title not give it away? haha)? I made Caitlin’s Garbanzo Bean and Pine Nut Bean Balls!! Caitlin’s blog, See Bride Run, is fantastic! I love seeing the neat meals she puts together and reading about her preparation for her wedding(its sooo soon!!). She is also great friends with Meghann (who I posted about yesterday) and I think its so fun that they both have food blogs!! (oh and she has really adorable dogs...ok enough reasons). Any who, Caitlin blogged about three different kinds of Bean Balls and I choose the Garbanzo/Pine Nut variety because they were Caitlin's favorite and also because I have a HUGE bag of Pine Nuts!

I got dinner made before I left to go teach tonight. I knew I was going to be home late again and wanted to make sure the hungry husband would have some food! Here is the recipe (I made this times 8):

Garbanzo Bean and Pine Nut Bean Balls
Ingredients:
· 1 and 1/2 tablespoon garbanzo beans
· 1/2 tablespoon red beans
· 1/2 tablespoon water
· 1/2 tablespoon WW flour (I used 1/4 WW flour and 1/4 bread crumbs)
· 1/2 tablespoon green onion, chopped thinly
· Pinch spinach, chopped thinly
· 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts

Directions:
Mash together, form into ball, place on greased cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crunchy.

I served them with a little bit of pasta and a spinach salad.




Caitlin! These were really good! Josh really liked them too- he said they were "Awesome!"

Tonight I taught Body Step (a shortened 45 minute version) and then took Body Pump (also a shortened 45 minute version). I am exhausted!

25 comments:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

YAYYYY! i'm glad you liked my bean balls (i feel dirty typing that). :) thanks for the terrific blogging shout out!

K from ksgoodeats said...

What a fun version of "meat" balls! I love blogger week :)

Get some rest!!

Rose said...

Looks good - must try!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

very creative recipe and easy to make. I'll try it too! ^_^

Trying To Heal said...

those girls are so creative! looks wonderful! a def must try!

Anonymous said...

Those girls are definitely creative in the kitchen! I love pine nuts, so this recipe sounds great! I can't believe your blogger week is already over, either - time certainly does know how to fly! I hope you have a fabulous weekend :o)

Esi said...

This is such a great way to use up leftover beans. Go get some rest!

Unknown said...

i'm with esi, great way to spread the bean love :)

Pearl said...

wow! so creative! pretty picture :)

Anonymous said...

That looks great!

What fun workouts!

Anonymous said...

Those look great! awesome recipe idea from Caitlin :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Love Caitlin's recipe!!!

Holly said...

Mmmm - I LOVE beans, so those look super yummy!

Happy Friday!!!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I love your healthy "meatballs". I need to try things like this.

Anonymous said...

Those look very interesting! Caitlin is always coming up with something creative!!

Have a fabulous Friday, girl!

lauren said...

those look and sound great!!

Tina said...

What a cool idea! Looks delish!

Aggie said...

Oh wow, these sound great! I have a big bag of pine nuts too! These would be such a great snack too. Bookmarking this!

Maria said...

Happy Friday! The pine nut balls look very interesting, but good!! Have a great weekend!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Cute little balls. Yum!

I Run for Fun said...

Looks really good. I love all kinds of beans...must try this recipe.

Jenn said...

Bean balls. LOL.

Those sound good!

Anonymous said...

i love balls!

HangryPants said...

Ooooh thanks for reminding me about these. They look delicious.

Krista said...

Thanks for making (and posting) Caitlin's recipe! It looks great!