Hope your weekend has been wonderful!! Here is the “quick” run down of mine.
Friday: After work, errands & housework, I made up a batch of granola bars. I switched my recipe around just a bit:
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or ground up almonds)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 package chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup canola oil (can use applesauce)
- 2 large eggs (can use flax substitute)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix well (at first it will seem like there isn’t enough wet- keep mixing!). Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Push mixture into the bottom of pan with the back of a spatula/spoonula. Bake for 28-30 minutes until slightly browned on top. Let cool completely, cut into bars, enjoy!
Friday night, Josh and I had a date night in! I made tacos for Josh & a taco salad for me. Two ingredients were key in this dinner. 1) TJs Taco Seasoning (that Josh’s Mom picked up for us). I had heard that this stuff is SPICY, so I only used a small amount and we loved it:
2) A sample of Pace Picante salsa I got from Food Buzz (disclaimer: I received this product for free):
My completed taco salad with greens, carrots, jalapenos, salsa, ground turkey, refried beans, and a broiled tortilla:
Saturday, I went to the gym, got my hair done and then enjoyed lunch with my Mama. Saturday night, we hit up Sette with Bryan and Mandi. Me & Josh:
Mandi & I:
I was a little boring and got a chicken salad, but it was tasty :)
Today, probably brunch with friends and cleaning. What are you up to?
Pregnancy Update: 14 week photo(showing BeBand, explanation below)-
I’m feeling much more energized this week (even given my work travel)! Cravings are about the same, but I seemed to have a thing for popcorn this week too. Things that have surprised me: How quickly my HR skyrockets during workouts. To answer a couple of the questions I was asked:
1. Will you continue to teach classes through your pregnancy? A lot of the instructors I know taught right up until they popped! My swelling issues have prevented me from teaching so far and I’m not sure I’ll be able to go back until after the baby is born. No biggie- TOTALLY worth it :)
2. Is it hard to tone it down in class? Um, yes! Especially Step….I love the explosive moves. BUT I keep my heart rate monitor on and check it constantly to make sure I’m staying under my recommended limits.
3. please make sure to eat enough protein ok? :) I am! I monitor my protein intake every day! My doctor recommended 75 grams per day in the second and third trimester and I’m doing my best to meet or exceed this total. Again, another reason I am adding a little meat back into my diet.
4. Can you still sleep like normal or have you had to change your sleeping position? The recommendation I received from my doctor was to sleep on your side as much as possible, rotating to your back when necessary. After the fourth month, you should try to spend all of your sleeping time on your sides. This was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be!! I used to be a belly sleeper, now I find the thought of sleeping on my stomach uncomfortable.
Favorite pregnancy product so far, BeBand’s:
My regular jeans still fit fine, but are a little uncomfortable when I sit down. These let me unbutton the top button without my pants falling off ;)
Enjoy your Sunday!!