Happy Friday! Any exciting weekend plans? We have a fun dinner planned with friends on Saturday night at a new spot downtown. Can’t wait to report back on the experience.
I’m finally getting around to doing my second post on the HOUSE of TSANG® products I received to try out (disclaimer: I received these products for free). Last night, I used their Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce to make peanut noodles. I usually like to make my own sauce, so I was eager to see how I would like the bottled variety:
I boiled up noodles (I used linguine), cooked up a chicken breast, and steamed mixed vegetables:
I then tossed it all together with the sauce and let the dish chill. Before serving, I topped it with black and traditional sesame seeds:
Overall, I really enjoyed the sauce. It wasn’t as peanut buttery tasting as the made-at-home version, but was still very good. This bottle will not go to waste!
I was tagged by both Heather and Brandi to do the 11 random things survey. Since I’ve been slowwwwww to respond, I’m just going to answer their questions:
1. What movie can you watch over and over again, no matter how many times you’ve seen it? Wedding Crashers
2. What’s your favorite band right now? Owww….hmmm Barenaked Ladies always have me!
3. If someone made a movie of your life, who would you want to play you? Reese! Love love love her
4. One food you wouldn’t eat as a kid that you love now? Onions, peppers, and peas
5. Last book you read? Uh….uh…Twilight series? What to expect when you’re expecting (well…I half read it)? Not a reader
6. What is your favorite memory from high school? We had a big rock in front of our high school that the cheerleaders and football players would paint before every game. It sounds lame, but it was so fun
7. If you could have a dinner party and invite 5 people (famous or not), who would you invite and why? Brandi! These are tough! I’d just go with friends and family…it’d be hard to narrow it to 5 though- Josh, my parents, Josh’s parents (Kaylin would be there too…but she's like .5 ). I love my friends and family!
8. Scariest movie you’ve ever seen? Blair Witch? Only because afterwards, my high school friends and I went into the woods and our friends played a joke on us/scared us using the blair witch stuff…yah
9. What song is stuck in your head right now? Raise your glass by Pink (because I’m re-learning old Body Pump choreography for next week haha)
10. Quirkiest thing about you that most people don’t know – go! I love carrots dipped in mustard.
11. What do you love about yourself? That I would do pretty much anything for those I really care about
- What was your first date like? Lame! We went and saw a movie…and maybe made out
- Chocolate candy or fruit/gummy candy? gummies for SURE!
- Newest food you tried? I’m so not adventurous.
- Cardio or strength? BOTH! Attack and Pump- how about that
- Biggest pet peeve? When people are late/don’t care about others time
- Store you hate the most? Walmart. No contest. I understand its usefulness, but I really hate it.
- What did you want to be when you grew up as a kid? Vet
- Do you wear make up? A little. I have 0 artistic ability and stink at doing my makeup. Who wants to come do it for me some time??
- What’s the one thing you’d pick at a spa? A massage. That baby isn’t getting any lighter
- Favorite job you’ve had? Group fitness instructor (now), florist assistant (in high school/college)
- One bucket-list recipe or cooking trick you want to learn how to do? Souffle! I’m making Amelia teach me how. I also want to make my own marshmallows
Quick! Answer one of the questions!
And the winner of the Chobani giveaway is…Margaret! Margaret- please email me at itzyskitchen at gmail dot com!