Thursday, May 8, 2008

BIG Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Garden Risotto

After work today, I taught Body Step today and then came home and did some cooking! Josh's friend Jeremy is visiting this weekend and I like to make sure I have something fresh baked in the house when we have visitors! I always get irritated when i make cookies and they cool and become flat. So I read this website and adjusted the quaker oatmeal chocolate chip recipe to make my cookies big! The final recipe I used was as follows:

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened (Josh's mom always told me to make really good cookies you HAVE to use butter and after many batches of cookies- I agree!!)
1 1/2
cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup egg beaters
2 tablespoons skim or 1% milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4
teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2-1/2 to 3
cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add egg beaters, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and powder mix well. Add oats, chocolate chips and nuts, if desired; mix well.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10-12 minutes for a chewy cookie (depends on the size/your oven!). Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

The cookies are thick and delicious!

I also made Ellie Krieger's amazing garden risotto. I adjusted the recipe just a little (I didn't add spinach because I had SO much asparagus and peas). You can find the recipe here.

2 comments:

RhodeyGirl said...

I was kind of hoping these were a healthier version.. PB hates buttery cookies!!! what's wrong with him?

Anonymous said...

I had to search for these after your comment in my blog. ;) They look really, really yummy!

I don't know if these would turn out well without eggs (I'm terribly allergic to it), but I can always drool over the pictures here... ;))