Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THANK YOU! Product Review

I love you blog world :) I requested pasta bake ideas yesterday and you guys gave me some FABULOUS ideas! I decided to post them up so everyone can see them! A few of them are detailed recipes so if you want a copy, please see the given blog and send the author an email ;)

Veggie Girl provided an awesome Rachel Ray Recipe

B Healthy’s Own Recipe for a Pasta Bake (yum yum yum)

An great Mac and Cheese Recipe from Mrs. LC (send her a note if you want a copy- this recipe looks INCREDIBLE)

Lauren at athlEAT sent me this link for Chicken Spaghetti

Maria from Two Peas & Their Pod showed me a bake recipe she had put together that looks fab!

Tina from Carrots ‘N’ Cake sent me another great Rachel Ray Recipe she loves.

Aggie sent me a Mexican Pasta Bake (unique!)

Fitness Surfer sent me a sweet rice bake idea (see comments from yesterday).

Apple’s and Butter said she has a great recipe for a bolognese sauce.

Love of Oats suggested a broccoli casserole ( I <3 broccoli- I'm in! Lindz- please email me the recipe at itzyskitchen at gmail dot com!!)

I will definitely be making one of these for Josh's pot luck...how will I ever decide which to make? One of them will also be featured in my next blogger week!

Did you have a good day today? Mine went well. Usual work then errands then gym (I ran over 5 miles...my legs feel tired but great!). Dinner tonight wasn't anything toooo exciting so I decided I would focus on the biscuits I made to go with dinner. I recently purchased this product:

It reminds me of a healthier Bisquick. I used one of the recipes on the back to make whole wheat biscuits. Here they are:
They're VERY plain but good. I ate mine with some pumpkin butter mmmm! I think this product would make a nice pizza crust. They also have a recipe for cookies on the back. I am going to give it another whirl but don't think I will be purchasing this product again.
Almost time for Top Chef! I love that show. I am also going to try to learn some more body step! What are you doing tonight?

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pick me! Pick me! Just kidding =)

My day was great. I got a lot of good things done. Glad to hear you had a good day. I had some delicious coconut/cinnamon/peanut butter/oatmeal for a snack, and it was delicious. I’ll share it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Love those biscuits! Tonight I'm getting some rest! Have a great night!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad your day went well!! :-)

My day was kinda slow - I want the weekend!!

B_Hlthy said...

Ooohhh coolness..
Yeah I loved everything in mine EXCEPT that stupid butterball turkey sausage that tasted like hot dogs. Def. recommend taking that out.

Jeff, however, loved it and ate all my sausage pieces AND... there is only about 2 servings left.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Great idea to use them as pizza crust!! :)

Glad that you had a good day, mine was better than yesterday!

Anonymous said...

How sweet of everyone! And how sweet are you to make something for the potluck? 5 miles is a long time to run! Woo woo go Erica!
I'm doing great! I just ate an entire butternut squash. Ya know!

Jenn said...

I love Top Chef, too! Right now I'm watching Private Practice (bad, I know), but Top Chef is DVRed so that I can watch it with the hubby. He's working late. :)

Anonymous said...

Yum. Pumpkin butter makes everything better. Tonight, I am spending way too much time on the computer. Good luck with your potluck dish. I'm sure it will turn out great!

Trying To Heal said...

oh,i like the biscuits! so easy and look great!

glad you had a good day! my day was good w/ my race but tomorrow is more exciting: i get to fly in the flight simulator tomorrow at work! :P

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look great! And for pizza crust? That would be a neat idea!

Elizabeth said...

Hey -- curious many calories for the biscuits? :) Also go you on the big run!! I ran 4 miles yesterday.. so 5 is my next goal. :)

Anonymous said...

Great link love! It sounds like you got some awesome feedback! I can't wait to see what you choose :o)

Those biscuits look great!! I love plain biscuits because you can top 'em with anything - pumpkin butter is a FAB choice.

My ma and I are currently watching the tube while sipping white wine!

Esi said...

Biscuits and pumpkin butter sound good. Just finished cooking and about to upload some pics. Exciting stuff :)

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing all the recipe tips you got! I'm glad to have all the new ideas. You helped us all benefit from your question. :)

ChickPea said...

Ya know, I have seen that mix in the store a million times and wondered if it would be any good. I might have to try it now!

HangryPants said...

Hi! Sorry I didn't offer a pasta bake recipe - I don't really have on. I make quick pasta sauce and combine it with ricotta and mozzerella. Then make sure to put some on top and bake. Not fancy, but tasty. It's also good without the sauce and just the cheese, a little but of olive oil, garlic powder and basil.

Thanks for the review! I bet it would be male excellent pizza crust!

Heather

P.S. I am doing something fun over the break -- moving back to NJ where Mark is!

K from ksgoodeats said...

All those recipes sound great! I love me some broc too :)

Bridget said...

Oooo that does sound like it would make really great pizza crust! I had some of a Rachel Ray lasagna pasta bake last night that the fiance made the other day! She must be the queen of pasta bakes haha!

Holly said...

Mmmmm, mmmmm! Can't wait to see which one you pick! I must say, I've had the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti and it is YUM. Not healthy, but yum. :-)

5 miles is awesome! That has to make you feel so good!

Maria said...

I bet they tasted great with pumpkin butter!

Anonymous said...

those whole wheat biscuits look yummy!http://theplatedecorator.blogspot.com/

Aggie said...

Love the roundup of recipes!

Great job on the 5 miles! I'd love to get there again one day!

Have a great day Erica!

Anonymous said...

Blog World? As in the one that was in Vegas this year. My hubby went to that, and I’m going with him next year. He came home with 20 T-shirts, and some other cool swag.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm glad you had a good day! Over five miles is fabulous!

Fitnessista said...

i have been wanting to find a whole grain biscuit because i miss the buttermilk ones so badly.. with honey... mmmm!
what an awesome collection of recipes! deciding is definitely going to be tough!

Anonymous said...

i will send you the broccoli casserole recipe tomorrow! :)

lauren said...

great run! cant wait to see which one you make...