Friday, January 13, 2012

The Main Squeeze

Happy Friday! How has your day been so far? What are you up to this weekend? I’ve gotten a number of things done around the house today and I went food shopping. One of my favorite things about working part time is having Fridays off to prepare for the weekend.

This morning, I also met Amy (in person) for the first time. Amy writes an awesome blog called Sixth of April (her sons birth date). Amy and I had been chatting via comments, email, and instagram (@itzyskitchen) for a while, and it was about time we finally met in person!  We decided to meet at a new juice and smoothie bar in Mount Pleasant called The Main Squeeze (such a great name):

IMG_0577

The shop is super clean and colorful inside. Their menu offers everything from fresh fruit juice to smoothies. They even have a kids size (which I know Kaylin will love one day).

IMG_0580

Christie Romine is the owner of The Main Squeeze. She is a Mount Pleasant local and is incredibly nice. I asked her what their best seller was and she said the Tropical Superfood. I ordered a 16 oz with protein:

IMG_0581

You can see Amy’s Georgia on my Mind in the background:

IMG_0582

This smoothie was seriously delicious! The pineapple flavor dominates- so good! I will definitely be back. Josh is going to be a big fan of their Hawaiian Honeymoon (named after Christie & her husband’s honeymoon in Hawaii and containing everything in the Tropical Superfood minus the spinach).

Here is a picture of Amy, her adorable son Ryan, Me & Kay, and Amy’s sweet neighbor Heather & her cutie pie son:

photo

Seriously…how adorable is Ryan?

IMG_0583

Such a fun meet up! If you live in the Charleston area- check out The Main Squeeze!!

The Main Squeeze on Urbanspoon

On tap for this weekend? Teaching Body Attack, going out to eat, seeing my parents and ??

No comments: