Friday, January 20, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Jack Pizza

I always wanted a pizza stone. I finally got one for Christmas and was super excited to give it a go.

IMG_3331

Unfortunately, I didn’t read any of the reviews online and didn’t know this stone really needs to be “broken in” before the dough doesn’t stick…fail. Instead of giving up, I let the stone cool, scrapped off the pizza dough, and started over. I placed a piece of aluminum foil sprayed with non stick spray on top of the stone. This worked beautifully. I can already tell the stone is breaking in and will be ready for the dough to be placed directly on top soon.

For my first pizza on the stone, I made a buffalo chicken pizza with jalapeno jack cheese. I preheated the oven to 450 degrees with the stone in the oven. Once the stone was ready, I placed the dough on top of the aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray and baked for five minutes.

In the meanwhile, I prepared the toppings. For the sauce, I mixed hot sauce in with pizza sauce:

IMG_3327

IMG_3328

I also sliced up jalapeno jack cheese, and set aside a few slices of Boar’s Head buffalo chicken and artichokes:

IMG_3330

Once the dough had baked for five minutes, I topped the pizza:

IMG_3332

The pizza cooked for another ~15 minutes and was nice and crispy:

 

IMG_3334

IMG_3335

IMG_3337

Yum!

On a side note, a BIG thank you to Lee for sending me chia muffins from her local farmers market. She talked about them on her blog and I SO wanted to try them. She was sweet enough to pick up a pack for me. They have the perfect amount of sweetness and moisture!

IMG_3338

I ate one after I taught my new Body Attack class last night- it was heavenly!

IMG_3339

Thank you Lee!!

What are you up to this weekend? We have a date night tonight (probably date night in) and are going out for restaurant week tomorrow. Otherwise? Maybe teaching attack and getting a quick run in. Enjoy!

No comments: