I'm a little nervous about having too much soy in my diet based on some of things I've read about it. Anyone have any insight on the topic? Regardless, the shake was very delicious- almost malt like. The first sip did taste a little...chalky, but it was a very slight taste and I didn't notice it after the first sip. Stats(based on the package):
- 14 g protein
- 125 calories (for the packet, I added 1 cup 1 % milk which added another 110 calories)
- 1 g fat
- contains soy (duhhhh), "Good manufacturing practices used to segregate ingredients in a facility that also processes milk, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nut and wheat ingredients."
- contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Ingredients: soy protein isolate, fructose, dutch cocoa, natural chocolate and vanilla flavors, tri-calcium phosphate, potassium cholride, guar cum, santhan gum, magnesium oxide, vitamin E succinate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), ferrous fumarate, niacinamide, zinc oxide, copper cluconate, clacium pantothenate, viamin A (palmitate), selenomethionine, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin (sorry if there are any misspellings)
Ok, so far I prefer the Jay Robb Egg white protein best. The ingredient list was far shorter and I actually liked the taste better. More to come! Feedback is welcomed!
Onto the PB2! I was so excited to try this today! About PB2 (from the Bell Plantation Website):
- PB2 is made with premium quality peanuts that are slow-roasted to our specifications and pressed to remove the fat.
- All natural with no artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
- Same consistency as full-fat peanut butter with all of the roasted peanut flavor, but with more than 85% less fat calories.
To make regular "peanut butter" out of the PB2:
Take 2 tablespoons PB2 powder-Add 1 tablespoon water-
Calories from Fat-16.8
I can't wait to try it in my baking!