Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baby Shower/Lots of Coffee/Little Cheating

Hi guys! Sorry I have not done much commenting this weekend- it has been a busy one! Both today and yesterday, I got up at 3 am to catch planes! Phew....I am ready for bed. Below are some pics from my sisters baby shower and a summary of my MOSTLY clean eating! I did cheat and had a little cake at my sisters shower, I felt I had to help celebrate the baby/thought it looked yummy ;).

The tables (pink rose centerpieces, a little "Its a girl confetti" favors- little babies feet soap and candy- york peppermint patties and pink Hershey's kisses that say "Its a girl!")


The gift table:

My preggers sister:
Preggers & Me:
The Preggers Family:
Preggers & To be Grammy (aka my mama)
Cake (homemade by one of the guests):

The food- course 1 salads (I ate mine and my cousin's ;))
Pasta course (not pictured, I didn't eat any but heard it was awesome)
Main course (choice of chicken, fish, pork...I got the chicken and scrapped off the sauce and breading and had only a few bites, I ate all my veggies):
The Cake (aka my cheat, I split this with my Aunt):

My mom's side of the family (back row: My Grandma, Me, My mom, Sister, Aunt, front row: Cousin, Aunt, Aunt):

The shower went SO well! My sister got lots of awesome stuff! Can't wait to meet the new baby girl :)
Here is a quick summary of my weekend and eats.
Saturday:
  • Up at 3 am, took 2 planes to get to Connecticut. On the way, I ate two apples and had a cappuccino with skim milk and a little sugar
  • Lunch at shower
  • Dinner out- large house salad with olive oil and vinegar and a side of broccoli)
  • Dessert-fruit
Sunday:
  • Up at 3 am, took 2 planes to get back to South Carolina. On the way I had (shockingly) two apples.
  • When I got home, I had a few slices of homemade wheat bread and then went for an awesome 6 mile run. I also did yesterday's (2 sets of lunges, 2 sets of squats) and today's (3 sets of planks) activities for the Oh She Glows Bikini Body Boot Camp.
  • Lunch was a Jay Robb Egg White protein shake with 1 cup 1% milk, 1 banana.
  • Next, I went food shopping and had some coffee with skim milk.
  • Snack was grapes and a few other nibbles of veggies while baking/cooking (another loaf of Whole Wheat bread, Granola, Snack bars for Josh, hard boiled eggs for the week)
  • Tons of Laundry
  • Frank bath (picture to come)
  • Out to dinner with Josh and his friend Jeremy (who is in visiting from PA). We went to East Bay Deli and I got the salad bar (mixed greens, broccoli, carrots, chickpeas, hard boiled egg whites, mixed fruit, baby corn, olive oil, vinegar)

Ok, my eyes are closing :) I promise to do more commenting tomorrow! How was your weekend?

47 comments:

Megan said...

aww, your sister is such a cute pregnant girl!!! i can't wait for my sister to get pregnant. yayyy!

you did quite well in the clean-eating considering all of the traveling and festivities. you have much more willpower than me :)

good luck with the frank bath!

Sara said...

Wow, that cake is so pretty! Your sister looks so cute :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks so happy! What a nice family. Your sister looks like Lauren Ambrose (whom I LOVE) in those pictures!

A little cheat cake never hurt anyone :-)

Sharon said...

Oh wow, all of you guys look amazing!!!!!

Alison Conklin said...

your sister looks beautiful! what a great shower. love the cake!!

Heather said...

looks like you had fun!! that cake is beautiful. have a good monday :)

jane said...

your sister is so beautiful- must run in the family! glad you enjoyed the shower :)
is it your first niece/nephew? my only nephew is now 16 months old and i am so happy to have him in my life!

Evelyn Fisher said...

I'm new to your blog, and just wanted to say that your weekend looked exciting and a little hectic. Congrats on the upcoming niece.

Laura said...

Looks like a fun shower! That cake is gorgeous!

Esi said...

Crazy busy weekend! Mine was busy because I had a shower too, but mine was a bridal shower. That cake is sooo pretty!

ChickPea said...

What a gorgeous cake! You're right, a little cheating is OK to celebrate such a special occasion!

Pearl said...

ahh the new baby girl will be born into a family full of gorgeous women! so glad to hear that you had a great time - it looked like fun! and your sister's absolutely glowing.

p.s. - that cake. is so. cool.

lizzy said...

i think you did a really good job of clean eating this weekend!! when it's something as special as a baby shower, u just have to have cake!!! yum! ive been eating a lot of apples lately too...so good!

carla said...

how cute is your sister?!

Looks like such a fun PINK :) family filled time....

The Purple Carrot said...

That looks like such a great time! : ) Congrats to your sister!!

Hope you got some rest! ; )

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

that was a busy weekend but so much fun! the baby shower is so lovely and you did great job on eating clean! :)
my weekend was good: working both days on my research! :)

Sara said...

The shower looks like a lot of fun! Great job with the food, and I would have had a little bit of cake, too :) Whoever made it did an excellent job!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Loooovely table setting and cake!! :-D

Sarah W. said...

gorgeous cake! looks like you had a great time!! i'm doing angelas bikini boot camp too!!! wheeeeeeee!

weekend was filled with relaxing, eating junk and pre-birthday celebrations :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, baby showers are so cute!

Unknown said...

your sister looks great! such an exciting time :)

Krista said...

My word you have been busy!!! The shower looks like it was loads of fun! Your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You were a busy bee this weekend!! What a cute shower - you and your sister are both very pretty!

Hope you got lots of rest! So sad Rock of Love wasn't new ;)

Anonymous said...

Seriously - your family is just the cutest! What a nice time!

I can't get over that cake! Whoever the guest was who made that...I hope they have their own business and charge ALOT for the cakes - that thing is BEAUTFIUL!

Holly said...

Wow - what a CAKE! I hope that person makes those as a business. I would totally buy one. And you can't NOT have cake at your sister's baby shower, ya know? It's just not allowed. :-)

You and your sister look so pretty! She has the *glow*. When is the little one coming? Being an aunt is SO FUN!

Fitnessista said...

the baby shower was gorgeous! looks like so much fun! and i can't believe that cake is homemade-- it's amazing!
hope you have a wonderful week <3

Maria said...

I am glad you had fun at the shower. Everything looked perfect! I love the flowers and cake. Your family is super cute! Loved all of the photos! I am glad you splurged a little, you deserved it. I bet you are tired today. I hope you survive Monday:)

Danielle said...

Aww cute is your family! Your sister looks so pretty with her pregger belly!!!
That cake is beautiful!

I Run for Fun said...

You are such a cute family. Your sis is glowing. And everything looks so pretty.

I have said this before...I really admire your self-control in eating healthy. I would be stuffing my face!

lauren said...

the shower looks amazing! and the pictures of your family are SO cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a yummy cute cake!! Your sis and you are so cute together :-) I'm going to a baby shower soon so I hope mine is as fun as this one!!

Anonymous said...

What an AMAZING cake! wow!

Michelle @ Find Your Balance Health said...

Beautiful cake, my goodness! And you look just like your mom :-)

Nicci said...

Wow, that's a beautiful looking cake! what kind was it? Mouth Wering...lol

Diana said...

Your sister is such a cute pregnant lady! :) When is she due?

I totally would have cheated for that cake too - I can't resist anything with pink frosting!

vanillasugarblog said...

pregnant women just have the most beautiful skin don't they?
looks like fun was had by all. you were a good girl in only eating half a slice, I know I would have been bad.
Frank bath pictures to come? ha ha, I know you wrote that for my benefit, right? LOL Funny!

The Blonde Duck said...

Congrats to your sister! She's glowing!

How do you eat so many salads? I feel so gluttonous now!!

Meghann said...

Your sis looks so wonderfully happy. What a beautiful baby shower!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

WHAT FUN!

That cake is adorable.

happy monday ;)

Erin said...

Looks like a fun trip (minus the non-clean food). Your sis looks great!

fleur said...

That cake looked so yummy, and lets face it if youre going to cheat make sure its with something yummy

Sweetie Pie said...

Congratulations on the upcoming edition. Your sister is adorable. That cake is so pretty! I would definitely have needed to have a celebratory slice!

Anonymous said...

Your sister is ridiculously od looking! The two of you got amazing genes!
You must be exhausted. That is a busy weekend. Way to do such a great job in spite of all the temptatioN!

priscilla joy said...

Wow, you and your sister are so pretty! What a awesome looking shower. Love that pink cake!

HangryPants said...

What a beautiful family! The cake looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a gorgeous family and beautiful shower! That cake is seriously stupendous :o) I would definitely needed a slice or two! I'm so glad that you had fun!

Olga said...

AAWWW shes some pregnant I LOVE it!

I can't wait to have babies :)