2 cups all-purpose flour (or half whole wheat half all-purpose)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup earth balance
1 banana or 3 tablespoons Ener-G+4 tablespoons water
1 cup dairy/soy/gluten free semi-sweet chocolate chips or carob
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with Pam.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, applesauce, earth balance and egg replacer in large bowl. Beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended(I used a whisk). Stir in chips.
3. Pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour (check it as cooking time varies by oven) or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Let loaf cool completely before cutting (no matter how good it smells ;)).
Ok- today I tried TWO protein powders. I only tried two because I could not even drink one sip of the first one.....
First up, NutriBiotic Vegan Rice Protein- Vanilla
- 12 g of protein
- 55 calories (in just the packet), 0.3 g fat
- Completely vegan. Contains no soy, milk, egg, yeast, corn, wheat, sugars, or preservatives
- Ingredients: Enzymatically processed rice protein from whole grain brown rice.
Review: I've tried this powder both in yogurt and today in milk. I could bare the chalkiness in yogurt but in milk...I couldn't even take a full sip. Ick...
Next, Jay Robb Whey Protein- Chocolate
- 25 Grams of protein per serving
- No gluten, No msg, No casein, No artificial colors or flavors!
- 110 calories, 0 g fat (packet only)
- Ingredients: All Natural Ingredients Cold-processed cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate, natural flavor, cocoa powder (natural process), xanthan gum, lecithin, stevia
Review: Yummy! I mixed it with 1 cup 1% milk and some ice cubes. Like with the egg white protein, the flavor was light but very tasty.