Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stuffed Potatoes and Lack of Fat

Hey buds! How are you doing? I am doing well! It was another quick work day- very busy! After work, I ran a few errands, gave the Frankster a bath (I will take pics of his next bath for those of you who requested them!), taught Body Attack (it was FABULOUS) and then got to work on dinner. Here are the days eats:

Breakfast: Apple & PB and coffee (I ALWAYS eat breakfast, but it is never anything huge…I just can’t handle something big in the morning!No pic)

Lunch: Bowl of Veggies (Brussels, Carrots, Celery, Tomatoes)

Oikos (did everyone see Hangry Pants Chobani vs. Oikos video? Hilarious)

Apple (shocking):


Afternoon snacky: another Jay Robb Protein shake. Today it was 1 cup milk, ½ scoop powder, ½ banana (I ate the other half of the banana)


I had my first MAJOR craving for some fake food today. All the way home from Body Attack I was dreaming of unclean foods. I think the craving came from the fact that I didn't have enough fat in my diet today. To compensate, I ate a whole hard boiled egg when I got home (yolk and all). Then I had a piece of homemade wheat bread:
Din Din was stuffed potatoes. I did have to use a can of processed tomato sauce, but it has no added salt and not too many preservatives


I got one more question about my cleaning eating that I figured I would post. Sabrina asked, “How are your hunger levels and energy levels now that you are eating even more clean?”

Honestly, the first day I was a little more hungry than usual, but I think this was because my body was adjusting to my eats. Since then, I have been feeling great! Clean eating allows you to eat more (quantity wise) and the food you’re eating is made up of lots of great stuff like fiber, vitamins, and lean protein! Energy wise- I feel wonderful! I don’t feel as sluggish as I usually do and don’t feel as dependent on my morning coffee.

Fun link- MizFit posted about clean eating today and even gave me a shout out!

Have a wonderful night!!




38 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

SWEET POTATO!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Make sure you are getting enough good fats! And by that I mean minimally processed organic fats like butter and olive oil. You'll dry out!

Anonymous said...

I love the sweet potato + black bean combo!! soo good!

Julie said...

Mmmm what do you think of that Jay Robb protein shakes? Are they good?

Nicole said...

mmmmm, that dinner looks amazing!

Heather said...

mmm. those stuffed potatoes look delicious. apple and PB is one of my favorite things ever. or bananas and pb! yum.

Anonymous said...

Hi lady,
That dinner looks great. Maybe drizzle some olive oil over top to get in some healthy fats. Plus, helps with the digestion of all that fiber. Have a great night!

Anonymous said...

wonderful eats as well on your part today! I love shout outs too- so hooray for mizfits!

and that is fantastic you could recognize your lack of fat and add it in appropriately- you are so smart!

im done with mind activities today- I just cant do anymore! I have all day tomorrow if I need it.
tv- come to mamma

oh i want a frankster bath photo too!

Pearl said...

did the hardboiled egg and toast satisfy you when you had the cravings?

i'm so glad you're doing a great job so far!

amanda said...

I give you such credit, girl! I don't think I'd be able to do it. But I enjoy watching you-and your yummy creations!

Anonymous said...

Dinner looks delicious! I think you handled the 'non-clean' craving very well! Enjoy your evening!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

getting enough good fat is the key to feel energized and avoid cravings! :D

Anonymous said...

I love that sweet potato!! Nice combo!

Real Housewives tonight aka our future show ;) Hope you have a great night!!

Bridget said...

Awww I can;t wait to see pics of Franksters Bath!!

Love the clean eating, reading about it really inspires me to want to try it out!

I Run for Fun said...

I think you saved the best for the last. That sweet potato looks yumm.

Amelia said...

Way to fight off those cravings! Sounds like you're doing a great job so far with your clean eating challenge.

And thank you so much for the tips on the brussels!!! I will definitely be giving your steaming method a try!

Anonymous said...

that potato looks great!

Maria said...

The stuffed potatoes look really good! We had spinach salad, roasted zucchini and red potatoes with lemon and rosemary for din din! I love my veggies:) I struggle getting enough fat. I tend to buy all fat free-yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, etc. and most of my other choices are fruits and veggies and whole grains which are minimal in fat. I need to incorporate some fats and protein. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that potato looks amazing - what a great combo!!!

The Purple Carrot said...

Yay for more clean eating updates ... sounds like you're doing GREAT!! : )

My favorite of the day is that amazingly looking stuffed sweet potato!! YUM-O!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmm black beans & sweet potato are bombdiddlyicious!

I love following your clean eating journey... I hear ya about fantasizing about off-limits foods!

Esi said...

Your lunch looks like something I have for lunch sometimes. So, I think I am going to do a cleanse next week. I will probably turn to you for some advice :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy salad!!

Anonymous said...

i think you're doing great with clean eating! as you say, more healthy fats would probably help lots at this stage. everything you ate looks yummy as usual (espesh. those crinkled carrots! i love carrots and crinkles are cute)

Anonymous said...

Im with michelle about the fat and sadly NOT with you on the coffee :)
I love my morning cup clean eating or not----although I am eeeeking my way toward half and half (caf/decaf) does that count?

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well!! The sweet potato looks really good, and so does your bread. Mmm.... I love homemade bread.

Tyler said...

your sweet potato look delicious!! i've recently discovered the black bean/sweet potato combo, and it's amazing!!!! looks like you are doing a great job on the clean eating :)

Jen (Running with Food) said...

Girl, your stuffed potato looks amazing!! Have a great day!

Krista said...

Your din din looks fabulous!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your sweet potato with black beans that must have been a really satisfying meal!

Diana said...

Yeah, definitely with you about getting in the fat. I always feel best when I've had a good combo of fat and protein in my meals!

Anonymous said...

wow way to conquer your craving and figure out what the root of it was. you are a smart cookie! are you doing the clean eating for a month? You're going to feel like superwoman!!

Anonymous said...

Good job on thinking about what the causes are! It's so easy to accidentally omit fatties. How's Josh doing with it?
I can't wait for the Frank photos :)
DId you see the Fantasty Factory episode where they did the shark attack?!?! I watched it twice in a row. It was so good!

Diana said...

I definitely find that I get really bad cravings when I don't get enough fat in my diet. Maybe you should add some nuts into the mix? I find just a handful is so satisfying when I'm dreaming of brownie sundaes and cheesy pizza. I think it would be a great pairing with your afternoon apple. Carbs + fat/protein will cure the groans from any hungry belly!

Unknown said...

that dinner looks awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Extra virgin olive oil is a great way to add some healthy fat to your diet.

Unknown said...

I am glad you liked my video!

I think that happens to me too with fat. That's why I turn to the peanut butter. :D
HangryPants

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

thanks for answering my question dear!