Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stuffed Potatoes, Squash Mac n Cheese, Weekend

Hope you all had a great weekend! Sorry I disappeared again! We had another busy one that involved driving down to Jacksonville, FL to find Josh a new car. Any who, thought I’d share a few things with you today: 1. Friday’s dinner, 2. Tonight’s dinner, 3. My answers to interview with Krista of Krista’s Kravings! Lets get to it:

For din din on Friday, I made stuffed potatoes. This time I added ground turkey to the mix and upped the amount of tomato sauce and spices, it turned out awesome!

For din din tonight, I made one of my favorite Ellie Krieger recipes, Macaroni and 4 Cheeses aka Squash Macaroni and Cheese.



Lastly, here is my Interview with Krista (who is also having an awesome giveaway so check it out!):

1) If you could be any animal, what would you choose to be?

Hmmm…I think it would be pretty cool to be a bird to fly, but I think the best animal to be would be either a dog or cat. They’re sooo loved by their owners and get to do a lot of sleeping (which I haven’t had much time for lately ;)). Plus they get pet, aka a massage, daily…how awesome is that?

2) What season is your favorite and why?

Definitely summer! I hate being cold, love summer clothes, and love all of the events we attend during the summer (friends/family weddings, picnics, Hilton Head, etc).

3) Name one food that you would never eat and explain why.

The brain of any animal…that totally freaks me out!

4) What was your motivation for starting a blog?

I find pretty much 99% of my recipes online. I started a blog because I wanted a place where I could share my favorite recipes with others and also keep in touch with friends/family. Blogging has turned into SO much more for me and I am grateful to be a part of such a wonderful community.

5) If you were given $5000 to use for a good cause, how would you spend it?

Phew, this is a toughie. It reminds me of Oprah’s Big Give (anyone else watch this show)? I would definitely try to use some of that $5,000 to raise even more money and give it to a number of good causes. I’d probably choose to give the money raised to charities that mean something to me: Cystic Fibrosis research, Breast Cancer research, and animal shelters.

And that’s it! Anyone not been interviewed yet and want to be? To do so:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." If a few people want interviews, I will randomly pick 2.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

39 comments:

Becca said...

Insightful interview! It reminded me that I forgot to send out questions after mine...

The mac and cheese looks great. I always wonder how it tasted!

Anonymous said...

loved your interview :)
ah that mac and cheese looks delicious, i can't even remember the last time i had some! i'll take some of thattt :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

SWEET POTATO!!!!!!!!!

Fun interview!!

Sara said...

I've never tried that mac and cheese before, but I've heard good things about it!

Unknown said...

great interview :) and I've been meaning to try that mac n cheese!

I Run for Fun said...

The stuffed potatoes look great! Nice interview...I would love to be a dog too (next to being human, of course!).

itsawrap said...

I've never been interviewed...Interview me!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Love your interview!
mac & cheese look delish!!! great adding sweet potato!

Esi said...

As usual you're such a busy gal! I have had that mac recipe saved for a long time, although I should probably do a cleanse instead of thinking about mac and cheese right now.

Amelia said...

Haha totally with you on brains. Never interested in trying those, I don't care how they're cooked!

The Purple Carrot said...

I would definitely want to be a dog if I were an animal ... they've got it made, lol!

Hope you've have a great weekend, and that you have an even better Monday! : )

HangryPants said...

I love stuffed potatoes!!! I still haven't made that macaroni and cheese, but it looks great!

Have a good week!

Pearl said...

i <3 ellie krieger! so beautiful and so fun to watch her cook! she reminds me of you, actually! :)

Anonymous said...

I love stuffed potatoes...I think it was one of the first things I made as a vegan. haha easy!

Fabulous Interview!

Anonymous said...

hey newhomeowner!

ooh that mac and cheese looks AWESOME!

Love the interview and glad you made it back from FL safe and sound

Heather said...

mmmmmm. mac n cheese!! sounds so good!!

a said...

fun interview, totally agree about the brain thing! ew. but your mac n cheese looks delish!

Anonymous said...

I'm in micro bio right now..and we are learning about all these AWFUL diseases you can get from eating brains..haha SORRY i know that is gross, but honestly another good reason NOT to eat them :D

ChickPea said...

Ooh! Love Ellie Krieger recipes!

Loved the interview...I'd love to be interviewed as well:)

Anonymous said...

oh goodness - you put two of my FAVORITE foods into one!
genius!

Holly said...

Mmmm....that mac n' cheese looks SO freakin' good! Yum.

I watched Oprah's Big Give...I would be SO bad on that show. I'm so indecisive and such a sucker for anything sad! :-)

Em said...

oh I am totally with you on summer. I love it more than any other season, for all the reasons that you listed. PLUS, I love swimming and just laying out by the pool. oh, its the best :)

I love the mac and cheese. It looks quite delish and i think I may have to use this recipe. Thanks for another great dinner idea dear! <333

HEAB said...

Erica,
That mac & cheese looks delicious and creamy and I want some NOW at 9 AM. :)

I've always wanted to fly and I DO NOT like being cold either. Bring on the heat.

Have a wonderful week. Happy Monday!

Krista said...

I'm with ya on "brains". Nothing I'd ever consider eating either!!! :)

Maria said...

Both dinners look excellent! The weekend went too fast, huh? What kind of car did Josh get? I enjoyed reading your answers!! Have a good Monday, if that is possible..ha!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to try Elies mac n cheese recipe!! maybe when I have kids now that I dont eat dairy :-p

Anonymous said...

Pick me! ::jumps up and down::

ha ha :)

That mac looks so yummy!!!

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing that Mac n Cheese recipe. I haven't had a good M n C in forever. This one looks so good!

Diana said...

Squash mac n cheese? How clever! I love that idea!

Fun interview too! Hope you are enjoying your new digs! :)

lauren said...

the squash mac and cheese looks deeelish!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your interview! What kind of car did Josh get?

I love Ellie - your Mac and Cheese looks fabulous :)

Anonymous said...

That looks. So good. Did you sub squash for some of the cheese? My brain is a little fuzzy today and I don't get it!

Megan said...

interview me!

i love hearing more about people, yay.

the mac and cheese looks so good.... mmmm...

Tyler said...

ooh great looking potato! and interview me :)

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Can I have your potato?!

haha

Fun interview!!

Anonymous said...

Those stuffed potatoes look sooooo amazing!
And great interview

Jen (Running with Food) said...

I love Ellie's Squash Mac & Cheese! It's so good ... and the hubby's don't even know there's squash inside! Hee hee!!

Have a great day, girl!

healthy ashley said...

I recently tried cauliflower in my Mac, but I think I'd like squash a whole lot better!

Anonymous said...

That mac and cheese looks awesome...I am going to have to try it! Are you all moved in to that gorgeous house of yours?