Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday, Preview: Clean Eating Breakfast Day 1

Hello All!

I seriously had an awesome night(and I hope you did too)! My night started with Body Attack- I taught and shot my video for my certification. I was totally nervous all day…I could not concentrate at all at work but the class went SO smooth! Heck yah ;) I’d love to share a clip with you, but its on a VHS tape. If I can figure out a way to get it onto a DVD, I will def post it up!

After class, Josh and I went to a local deli for dinner and I got the salad bar. Everything was so fresh and healthy, it was heavenly. Then we went to Lowe’s (which is a Friday night hot spot haha ;)

Thank you all for the kick butt comments on my Eating Clean post. Lots of fabulous feedback! If you are interested in trying it at all- I say go for it! Try it for a day or a few days- you don’t need to commit to a whole month (I know that is a big commitment!!). Also- feel free to make modifications! If you need 1 glass of (maybe organic) red wine or a dark chocolate square- do it! Some of you made some fab suggestions and I’d just like to highlight a few :

Michelle from What Does Your Body Good?- suggested I try green tea instead of coffee. I have never been a tea person, but I haven’t tried green tea. I asked her for some advice, so I may give it a whirl ;)

bHealthier from Body Mind Soul-Mentioned that tilapia is farm raised and that wild caught Salmon is a better choice. I completely agree. Here is the thing….I don’t like fish. GASP! I know I know. Tilapia is pretty much the least fishy fish, so its all I can handle. Anyone have any other suggestions?

And….because it rocks- did you all see the awesome tortilla recipe up on Heather’s Blog???

Ok, so I threw together the start of breakfast tomorrow...

Equal parts milk and oats (1/2 cup of each for Josh, 1/4 cup for me), threw them in the fridge to "cook" over night". Tomorrow I plan to add Flax and maybe a few walnuts:

Maybe a dash of natural honey to mine and some natural PB to Josh's. Tell me about your Friday night- do anything fun?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh i can't wait to see what your breakfast will look like!!! I also wish I could see your video!! :) Maybe YouTube one day? sometime soon?

ANyone who does clean eating is my idol! The world is just so full of packaged, processed traps!! But...I LOVE SALAD BARS!! and tend to go a little wild at ALL of 'em. heheeh

Anonymous said...

It really feels like I haven't had oatmeal in forever! I want some :)

I went out to dinner with an old friend, which was excellent. Have a good weekend!

Megan said...

o0o i loooove salad bars. they make me happy happy happy.

i WISH i was doing something cool tonight, but i'm not. i'm forcing myself to stay in and do school work....blah.

Anonymous said...

i JUST made overnight oats after being scared of them haha :D If yogurt is in the clean eating plan, I added a little yogurt to mine after cookin them in the micro with 1/2 a banana...so thick and good!

Pearl said...

i went to costco! i'm pretty psyched to try out clean eating :)

Esi said...

Watching FNL is my Friday fun! I may try this with you for a few days. Our sustainable fish is a little different on this coast, but if halibut is sustainable in your area is delicious and not too fishy.

ChickPea said...

I am such a salad bar fiend--there is no joy for me like that of a freshly stocked salad bar. I don't know if you have Jason's Deli near you, but they have an amazing salad bar!

I had a pretty lame Friday--mandatory sorority activities took up most of it...with a little time for basketball watching too:)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

congratulations on your certification! I really want to see that video!
If you don't like fish, what about shrimp? I think in term of nutrition, shrimp is even better source of protein!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GREAT STUFF!!!

Nicole said...

Your clean eating breakfast looks delicious :D

Anonymous said...

VHS?! No! I want to see a clip!
Well, you know how wild we get on Friday night Erica. :) I did the grocery shopping and we watched 30 Rock. Yeah!
Rob's shoe was in the closer though. ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see how your clean eating goes, the breakfast looks great! I didn't do much last night but it did involve some sushi which is always a win for me :)

K from ksgoodeats said...

YAY! I'm glad your video went well - you're a Body Attack SUPAH STAR!!

Your breakfast preview looks fantastic! My Friday night was a night of unwind - bath and a movie :D

Heather said...

hah! i love that you went to lowe's on your friday night. that sounds like something nick and i would do - isn't married life fabulous?

glad the clean eating is going so well :)

The Purple Carrot said...

Yum! Looks like your clean eating is off to a good start : )

I hope you like tea ... I'm addicted! I have at least 2-3 cups a day. Though I don't like it without sweetener yet :s ... I use Truvia currently in my tea. Do you plan to sweeten yours at all?

Haha, I hear ya ... Going to some place like Lowe's on a Friday night is totally something Erik and I would do, too!! : )

Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend, Erica!! : )

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tag back too lovely lady!

I think other white fish would be a much better option- I heart tilapia too for its un-fishiness but I think halibut is very flaky and unfishy - I loved it as a kid and I hated all fish back then ( it is more expensive but worth it), ahi tuna and mahi mahi steaks aren't quite as fishy either, and cod and wahoo ( I would rate those as below salmon fishiness but a tad above halibut)

friday was pretty lame- jeff and i just hung out watched some basketball and went to bed early. We helped our friends move this morning and our doing yard stuff and then heading to Melting Pot tonight !

The Aria protein was "powdery" ... not chaulky in flavor or odor but in texture. It didn't form chunks or anything but my shake was powdery.

Chef Jeena said...

I would love to see your video if you could get it online Erica.

I love your new blogs look by the way. :-)

HEAB said...

Those tortillas are so good. I think have found a new obsession. Thanks for the shout out Erica. :)

I used to be the same way with fish, and then I had some amazing salmon at a restaurant a while back, and I learned that when it is SUPER fresh, it does not taste fishy. Other good non-fishy choices are red snapper and sea bass. Yum.

Green tea does not = coffee. I've tried. :(

Friday...that was last night. I have no idea what I did, and so it must have been a pretty tame evening.

Lori said...

Looks like you are off to a great start! So glad you got some good advice to help you out. So what about Frank - is he eating clean too? ;)

Weekends have been becoming increasingly boring around here, but I can't say I mind. I kind of like doing nothing. We'll be traveling again soon. We did catch up on this week's episode of Grey's. Hope you've had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I just stumbled across your blog while reading about eating clean and how crazy to see you teach Body Attack - I am currently getting certified! Kia Ora! Hope the clean eating is still going well for you!

Erica said...

Very cool Anon!! Kia Ora! Best of luck with the certification- Attack rocks

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. BTW, try to add some photos :).

Cleaning Services London said...

oh my oh my. I wonder would I be able to do this recipe right :P:P great post. I love how your blogg looks.