Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween & Goals Update

November! So crazy that its November already. Anyone with me? I can’t even start to wrap my ahead around Christmas shopping. I got nervous about this when I got a red cup from Starbucks on Tuesday:

IMG_0393

Did you have a good Halloween? I hope so! Ours started off a little rocky. As I previously mentioned, Sunday morning, I started to feel sick. By Sunday night I had a full blown bug and was getting sick throughout the night. I couldn’t even sit up to feed Kaylin. Lucky for me, I have a WONDERFUL husband who helped me a ton. He stayed home from work Monday to nurse me back to health and to help take care of Kaylin.

IMG_0389

By noonish on Monday, I was starting to feel better. We took Kaylin to her doctors appointment where she got measured, weighed, and got shots. She is in the 76th percentile for length/height! Clearly, she’s taking after Josh in this aspect Winking smile.

We had a GREAT Halloween. We dressed up as a Mickey Mouse family:

 

IMG_0392IMG_3043

and we had friends over and enjoyed some Chickfila:

IMG_3040

IMG_3041

IMG_3042

Then we got slammed with trick or treaters. We gave out five Costco size bags of candy and also gave out beers to the parents from our keggerator. It was a blast.

And for my monthly goals update:

Diet

  • Get at least 75 grams of Protein a Day- I am still doing pretty well on this one. I’m slipping on my AM protein a bit, so I need to get back in check
  • Drink more water!  At least 80 ounces/day (extra is required for breast feeding & working out) Still meeting/exceeding!
  • Eat more complete meals, less random snacking SLACKED in October, getting back on it!
  • Lose remaining pregnancy weight gain by Thanksgiving – I am still needing to lose about 5 lbs…I made pretty much 0 progress in October. I am adjusting my workouts…and random snacking. No excuses….

Fitness

  • Start teaching Body Pump and Body Step or Attack by the end of September –Met in September, Continued in October
  • Slowly increase Body Pump weight back to pre-pregnancy totals by end of December . Increased my squat, back & chest weight in September, bumped up warm up, triceps and lunges in October, almost back to pre-pregnancy totals
  • Focus on increasing running endurance- complete the two races I signed up for in October DONE!
  • Take a Bikram yoga class Not yet

Life

  • Stress less about the little things- enjoy every moment with Kaylin! I think I really made strides on this in October. My favorite thing to do with Kaylin is go for walks or just make her laugh- especially when Josh joins in the fun!
  • Make sure Kaylin gets in tummy time and a book reading every day. Doing great!
  • Continue to meal plan and cook nutritious meals at least 5 of 7 nights a week. Rocking it!
  • Get back to work work (mid September) Yup!
  • Purchase furniture for new screened in porch and living room I spoke too soon on this one in September. We did get our porch furniture, but we’re still looking for living room furniture
  • Pick out paint color and paint two walls downstairs Not yet
  • Make weekend “dates” to see friends. YES!
  • Have a “date night” in or out with Josh (and Kaylin) at least once a week. Doing better than September on this one…but still slacking a bit. 

My main goals moving forward are to drop the excessive snacking and finish off this weight loss! I also need to work on the house decorations more.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Reminder (sorry!): And, If you have a minute…Remember how Josh and I went on our babymoon in Jamaica? We stayed (for the second time) at a resort we LOVE- Secrets! I just entered a contest to win a free trip back to a Secrets resort. You can vote for my babymoon bump photo here. You can vote once a day (so I may be posting annoying reminders for a while) Thank youuuuuuuuuu!

No comments: