Friday, November 4, 2011

Giant White Beans, Spinach & Tomato Pasta

Happy Friday all! How has your week been? Mines been a litttttle tough! After I was finished with the tummy bug, Kaylin picked it up. It was so hard to see her sick. She is feeling much, much better now. And a BIG thank you to my Mom who came to take care of her on Wednesday so I could work. You’re a lifesaver Mama!

I love Trader Joe’s. Seriously, they have the BEST products! Recently, my Aunt was headed out for some shopping at TJs and asked if I recommended any of their products. I had just seen Katie talk about their giant white beans in tomato sauce and SO wanted to give them a go! My sweet Aunt surprised me with my very own jar:

IMG_3018

I wanted to incorporate the beans into a comforting dish and immediately thought pasta. I defrosted half a box of frozen spinach and then heated it up in a skillet. I added the giant white beans and a little additional marinara sauce. Meanwhile, I cooked up spaghetti according to the package directions. As soon as everything was heated up & cooked through, I mixed them all together and topped the dish with cheese (cheese for Josh, none for me- darn this lactose issue!). SO good! The giant white beans are delicious:

IMG_3019

IMG_3020

 

Yum! Any new favorite TJ products??

Weekend plans? We’re going out to dinner tonight with friends and then are going to a beer fest tomorrow!

Reminder (sorry!): And, If you have a minute…Remember how Josh and I went on our babymoon in Jamaica? We stayed (for the second time) at a resort we LOVE- Secrets! I just entered a contest to win a free trip back to a Secrets resort. You can vote for my babymoon bump photo here. You can vote once a day (so I may be posting annoying reminders for a while) Thank youuuuuuuuuu!

No comments: