Monday, November 7, 2011

Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies

Its Secret Recipe Club time again! Just as a reminder, as a part of the club, each month you’re assigned another Secret Recipe Club blogger to make a recipe from. If you want to join, click here to sign up.

IMG_2973

This month, I was assigned Savvy Eats. Julie seems like such a cool chick! We actually have a lot in common, we both:

  • Went to Big10 Schools
  • Majored in Engineering
  • Have a love of food, health & working out

When I was searching through her recipes, there were SO many I wanted to try. However, when I saw her recipe for malted chocolate chip cookies, I knew this would be the one! Josh is a huge fan of malt and I have never used it in baking. I headed out to the store and picked up a container of malted milk.  You can find the recipe on her blog here and I have also placed it below.

IMG_2975

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup malted milk powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks

IMG_2978

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Beat the butter, oil and sugars together until fluffy and creamy. Stir in the malted milk powder and eggs. Add the vanilla, baking soda and salt, mixing until blended.

Slowly mix in the flour, beating until the dough is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, and space 1 1/2-2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until the tops are only lightly browned.

 

IMG_2979

These were totally delicious! A great change up from the run of the mill chocolate chip cookie.

2 comments:

laural @ being healthier said...

I thought it said "melted" not malted in my reader!!! Haha. I was like. ? Huh ?. So is that the stuff they put in milkshakes?! Hmmm

Lisa said...

What a great addition to a chocolate chip cookie. They must be like eating Whoppers.