Wednesday, November 16, 2011

PA Food

How is your week treating you so far? Mine has been good, but busy playing catch up! I’ve done wayyyy too much laundry & cleaning, taught Body Pump & Attack, and went to Mellow Mushroom for Trivia night (love!). What about you?

While in PA this past weekend, we had some pretty tasty eats. We didn’t hit up anywhere too fancy, but enjoyed our meals. In my opinion, no trip to PA would be complete without a trip to Wawa.

IMG_0433

Yes, it’s a gas station, but they have great coffee and various food items.

We also went to Victory. Josh’s favorite beer is their Hop Devil IPA. I was busy taking care of Kaylin and didn’t get any food pictures (I had soup & salad and Josh had a burger), but the food was just OK. Their pretzel appetizer was very yummy though Smile.

IMG_3060

 

Victory Brewing Company on Urbanspoon

Our friends also took us to PJ Whelihan’s, which makes the official wings of the Wing Bowl:

IMG_0425

The inside was super open and had TONS of TVs. We walked in just as the Penn State game was starting. Not going to lie….I shed a tear watching the long moment of silence. I won’t go on and on about my thoughts on the situation (I am a PSU alum), but it makes me very sad (both what happened to the victims and what is happening at/to the school).

IMG_0426

I did try the wings and they were good! I also had their Greek chicken salad minus the feta.

PJ Whelihan's Pub on Urbanspoon

On Sunday, we spent the day in the city with Josh’s brother. He took us to the Italian market which had an amazing array of meats, seafood, and produce:

IMG_0439

We ate brunch at Morning Glory, a tiny diner with fantastic homemade goodies.

IMG_0446

IMG_0442

I started with coffee with soy milk. I love the containers they serve their coffee in:

IMG_0443

We ordered a pumpkin muffin (sampled with their homemade jam):

IMG_0445

Raspberry chocolate special waffle and monkey bread French toast:

IMG_0447

IMG_0448

IMG_0449

It was terrible Winking smile:

IMG_0450

Morning Glory Diner on Urbanspoon

We walked around more afterwards and stopped at Sarcone’s so that Josh could get a sub for the plane and I could get an amazing barrel pickle:

IMG_0451

IMG_0452

Sarcone's Deli on Urbanspoon

and went through Redding terminal so that Jer could pick up his weekly produce:

IMG_0454

IMG_0455

And now its work time! Hope you have a good day.

No comments: