Monday, June 13, 2011

Chocolate, Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seed Cookies

Sundays sure seem to fly by, don’t they? Did you do anything fun? I slept in a bit (thank goodness!), did a little yard work, went for a walk, quick hour at the pool and then cooked up dinner.

Today, I am posting my second recipe from the Secret Recipe Club. As a part of the club, each month you’re assigned another Secret Recipe Club blogger to make a recipe from.If you want to join, click here to sign up.

This month, I was assigned Jen, the Beantown Baker. I had never read Jen’s blog before but had seen a few people rave about her tasty baked goods. When I read her about me page, I noticed we had two things in common: 1. we’re both engineers and 2. we both love to spend time in the kitchen! I had a TOUGH time picking just one recipe of hers to make (in fact, I made two and will be posting about the other at a later date). Finally, I decided on her chocolate M&M cookies. The problem? No M&M’s in the house! BUT, I did have Trader Joe’s chocolate covered sunflower seeds:

IMG_2252

I figured they would make the perfect substitute! I followed her recipe pretty much exactly, but made a half batch:

IMG_2253

The outcome?

IMG_2255

SO tasty! I love the chocolate cookie base.

IMG_2256

I actually made a second batch of these yesterday, but used chocolate and peanut butter chips instead of M&Ms. Thank you so much for the awesome recipe Jen!!

Giveaway coming on Wednesday!!




2 comments:

Cait's Plate said...

YUM! Those look delicious. I need to make more cookies that have a chocolate base. I usually always go original and then add chocolate in, but I really should be doubling up on the chocolate, let's be honest :)

I definitely want to try to throw these together this weekend if I have time!

carla said...

ooooh LOVE.
now
is the giveaway that youre sending me cookies?