Thursday, May 26, 2011

Garlic Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits

We have a visitor staying with us! Josh’s friend Andrew will be staying with us for two weeks while he waits for his apartment to be ready. Given this, I decided I need to make Josh and Andrew more man friendly meals. For his first night here, I made a Southern-ish spread of sorts. I cooked up pulled pork and served it with a side of watermelon, garlic cheddar buttermilk biscuits (a semi-homemade version) and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (not shown):

IMG_2203 

 

For the biscuits, I used a Jiffy mix I had in the cabinet and doctored it up a bit:

IMG_2195

Garlic Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits (Cheaters Version)

Ingredients:

  • 1 package Jiffy Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
  • 1/3 cup shredded cheddar- 2%
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning (or similar seasoning mix)
  • 1/2 cup skim milk

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.

Mix together biscuit mix, cheddar cheese and seasoning. Add in milk and mix until just combined.

  IMG_2196    

Drop biscuit mix onto a cookie sheet and form 6 biscuits.

Bake for 11-12 minutes, until lightly browned.

IMG_2198

IMG_2199

 

I have been very spoiled lately :) A HUGE thank you to Julie (fellow Bravo & peanut flour addict) for this adorable baby outfit! Perfect for the food bloggers baby!!

IMG_2204

IMG_2205

Love!

Do you use boxed mixes? I usually avoid them, but they’re fabulous in a pinch!

1 comment:

Megan D said...

Cutest. Onesie. EVER. It must be so fun to get baby gifts and clothes! I'm the same way with boxed mixes- love them in a pinch!