Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spinach, Artichoke & Ricotta Pie & Week Happenings

   How has your week been treating you so far? Mine has been good- playing catch up from the weekend, working, taught pump x’s 2, enjoyed a few beautiful walks outside and cooked & baked. 

First up, I baked up a batch of my Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk cookies for Meighan who won them through a fundraiser on Carrots N Cake. IMG_2184

 IMG_2185

  I hope she enjoys them!!

Also, my garden has been growing out of control! We have tons of yellow squash coming in:

IMG_2187

And we also got our first red tomato:

IMG_2188

On Monday night, I made a version of Natalie’s Artichoke, Kale & Ricotta Pie. Instead of using kale, I used about 4 large handfuls of spinach. Here is the finished bake:

IMG_2189

 IMG_2190

I had mine with apple slices and the tomato from the garden. Obviously, I topped it with ketchup :). IMG_2191

SO good!!IMG_2192

Josh really enjoyed the dish too!! Thank you Natalie!

And another BIG thank you to Ms. HEAB, CD & Summer who sent little Itzy some CUTE gifts- one of Summer’s favorite books and a little lamb blankie!

IMG_2193

Love!!

And finally (sorry for the longggggg post), I was recently contacted by enLiven to see if I wanted to try their new low-cost, all natural enLiven yogurt, which is available exclusively in Walmart stores (disclaimer: I received coupons to try this yogurt for free). IMG_2156

IMG_2157

  I thought the size of the yogurt was perfect for a lunch box/bag. I also really liked the thickness of the yogurt and the fact that its free of artificial sweeteners.

IMG_2158

On the downside, it was a little too sweet to me, but I think this is probably due to the fact that I’ve been eating plain Greek yogurt lately. Also, the peach flavor only contains 3 grams of protein per serving.

What yogurt types & brands do you buy? What do you look for in a yogurt?

No comments: