Friday, May 13, 2011

Fallon’s Special Pancakes & Happenings

HAPPY Friday! Hooray for the weekend!! Do you have any fun plans? We’re going to frozen yogurt for dinner (yes, dinner) tonight (my Mother’s day (in training) request). Tomorrow, I’m taking Body Step (can’t wait to get back to teaching it), getting my hair done, and going to a friends party. Sunday will be brunch with friends and yard work.

I recently joined the Secret Recipe Club. As a part of the club, each month you’re assigned another Secret Recipe Club blogger to make a recipe from. Since I love making recipes from other bloggers, I knew I’d be a huge fan of the club! If you want to join, click here to sign up.

This month, I was assigned Fallon of Fallon’s Cucina.  After searching through her many yummy recipes, I decided to make her Special Pancakes. I made just a few substitutions: homemade buttermilk substitute (milk and lemon juice) and additional flax (instead of an egg). Topped with fruit and later syrup! The batter:

 IMG_2090   

The result:

IMG_2094

Thanks Fallon! A totally delicious and fluffy pancake.

In terms of the rest of the week, here is a little photo recap of the last couple days:

Josh got me beautiful flowers, just because (so sweet):

IMG_2074

IMG_2075 

We put together our glider(!!):

  IMG_2088

Frank slept a lot and went for a few walks:

 IMG_2086 

I made a bbq pineapple pulled pork chicken salad for me and messy quesadillas for Josh:

  IMG_2076

IMG_2077

IMG_2079 

and I made a 1/2 batch of Katie’s Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares:

IMG_2082

 IMG_2083 

Enjoy your weekend!!

2 comments:

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

sounds perfect n delicious..
love d gorgeous clicks...first time here..love your space ...wish to visit often..following u..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said...

Those pancakes and those pumpkin bars look absolutely amazing!!! Happy (late) Mother's in Training Day :-)