Thursday, May 19, 2011

Breakfast Baked Potatoes

I know I don’t usually post on Thursdays, but I had a packed and exciting Wednesday and wanted to share a few of the details and eats with you. First up, Josh was a little sad that we were out of baked goods, so I threw together another batch of Chocolate Coconut Oat granola bars:   IMG_2141

And vegan almond butter chocolate chip cookies for him:

IMG_2142

Aside from baking, my Wednesday involved a great workout (pump, walk & jog), work, lots of cleaning, and a baby doctors appointment. My Mom came down for the appointment and it was SO wonderful to have her there! She got to hear little Itzy’s heart beat! We also made a stop at Boone Hall for produce. I got a small Florida cantaloupe and a tiny sweet potato.

IMG_2143

I used both for dinner. I made breakfast baked potatoes. Josh had a traditional baked potato topped with scrambled eggs, cheese, and jalapeno from our garden.

IMG_2144

I had a sweet potato topped with scrambled eggs and ketchup! We both had cantaloupe on the side:

IMG_2146

A fabulous and simple dinner!

I wanted to send a big thank you to my Mom who brought me some wonderful gifties including a couple maternity tops, PJs for baby Itzy and a robe and slippers for the hospital. A few of the goodies:

IMG_2139

IMG_2140

Do you like breakfast for dinner? What is your favorite brinner dish (links welcome!!)?

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I love brinner!! I don't like a large meal in the morning, but I love breakfast foods, so it's the perfect excuse to enjoy my favorite foods as a large meal! My favorites would have to be pancakes or waffles. :)