Friday, May 6, 2011

Frittata and Gnocchi & Salad Feast

Hooray for Friday!!! This has been a busy week for me, so I feel relieved that the weekend is here and especially because we have some awesome plans (more details to come). What are you up to?

I wanted to share one more blogger inspired meal I made this week, Stephanie’s Pasta Pea Parmesan Frittata. I made a few adjustments (cut the recipe down, used Ditalini instead of spaghetti, took out the onions- Josh isn’t a fan, used a little Mrs. Dash, baked in two mini dishes for 30 minutes and then under the broiler for a minute or two). Here is my ingredient list:

Ingredients:

  • 1 serving (2 oz) ditalini pasta
  • 1 egg + 3 egg whites
  • 1/3 cup 2% milk
  • ½ cup frozen peas
  • 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, separated (2 to mix in, 1 to top)
  • Mrs. Dash Garlic & herb seasoning

Directions:

See Cooking Fanatic

Prior to the oven:

   IMG_1999    

And after baking:

 IMG_2001

IMG_2004

This was great! I threw a little ketchup on top and had a big bowl of fruit on the side.

On Wednesday night, we had a random feast at home with Josh’s Mom. I used this gnocchi from TJs:

 IMG_2009 

served with ground turkey & marinara sauce, a large salad with lettuce, carrots and salad topper crunchies:

 IMG_2011

and a plate of toppers including cucumber, tomato and lump crab (Josh’s Mom was in charge of the salad and fixings and did an awesome job):

  IMG_2014

I decided to make a mass salad with crab and top it with a few of the gnocchi, olive oil and vinegar, so good:

IMG_2018

Enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather said...

I'm a huge gnocchi fan! I don't eat it enough.

Hope you guys have a fun weekend. Right now our plans are pretty mellow which'll be nice.