Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekend (Pumpkin Chicken Meatballs)

Another weekend in the books! What did you do this weekend? On Friday, Kaylin and I had a play date with my friend Marissa and her son Nevin. Nevin is walking now, so he and Kay can really play it out. They ended their date with a hug:

 

IMG_4972

Friday night, we hung in and relaxed! Josh was on travel all week, so it was nice to just lay low.

Saturday morning, I taught step and then we got some things done around the house. Kay hung out with Franky:

 IMG_4974

On Saturday night, Josh and I went out on a date!

IMG_4986 

Based on a recommendation from Christina, we went to a new Italian restaurant on Upper King in Charleston called Indaco. I apologize for the photo quality, but I hate being that person with the flash on ;). Josh and I decided to split three dishes. The fall salad, which contained romaine, apples, potatoes, golden beets, delicious cheese & a balsamic reduction:

 IMG_4982

This was a great “sweet” salad. It tasted like dessert in salad form. The addition of potatoes was yummy.

The second dish we tried was a cauliflower soup that came with walnuts and raisins. Josh and I both LOVE cauliflower soup. We were surprised when the waitress told us it was going to be cold. We both really liked the addition of the nuts and raisins, but could have done without the lemon oil. It overpowered the soup itself.

 IMG_4983

The winner of the meal was the Brussels sprouts pizza with honeycrisp apples. The crust was thin and light. The whole combination was just amazing.

 IMG_4984

Overall we LOVED our meal!

This morning, Kay and I ran 7 miles with my friend Trish and her little girl Lila. The rest of the day has been spent on laundry and cooking! I made these delicious pumpkin meatballs. I put the meatballs on top of pasta topped with a pumpkin marinara (which is just as simple as it sounds…a couple of spoonfuls of pumpkin puree cooked into marinara sauce): 

 IMG_4987

 IMG_4988 

Deliciousness! Kay even asked for seconds on the meatballs.

Now, its football time! Tomorrow, I have to teach pump in the morning and then work. I’m also going to be running to Fleet Feet for a sports bra fitting. Fleet feet has an amazing event going on “Buy a Moving Comfort sports bra and help the girls in JROTC at Charleston County Schools. For each Moving Comfort bra purchased, one will be donated to a local JROTC student in need.” I definitely plan to purchase a bra so that another is donated!

No comments: