Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Three Things on Tuesday

1. Ree Drummond’s new cookbook, A Year of Holidays, is amazing!

http://www.harpercollins.com/harperimages/isbn/large/1/9780062225221.jpg

I want to make so many of the recipes including:

  • Yogurt, Brown Sugar, and Berry Parfaits
  • Turkey Spring Rolls
  • Glorious Guacamole
  • Chimichurri Shrimp
  • Cinnamon Ice Cream (!!)

Not only do the recipes look yummy, the photographs are beautiful. Ree’s personality really shines through in the writing.

I made the Chipotle Chicken Chili to start. It is amazing. Josh, Kaylin & I all gobbled it down.

IMG_4997 

  IMG_5013

 

2. As I mentioned in my last post, I went to Fleet Feet to get fitted for a sports bra. Amy, one of the store owners and a fellow group fitness instructor, explained all of the amazing bras they have at Fleet Feet. She also did my fitting and suggested a few of the bras. I was sort of embarrassed to tell Amy that I had NO idea what size I am! Since having Kaylin and breast feeding her….the girls have definitely shifted sizes. BUT, not knowing your size or wearing the wrong size is super common. Here are some fun facts about bras courtesy of Fleet Feet:

  • 80% of women wear the wrong bra size
  • Women should be fit for a bra at least once a year
  • The average life span of a sports bra is 6-12 months
  • Not all bras are created equal
  • A woman should be re-measured for a sports bra after major weight gain/loss or pregnancy

I ended up with the Fiona. Can’t wait to wear it while I teach Body Attack tonight.

IMG_4999 

 IMG_5005

 

3. Local readers! I will be at Verde tomorrow from 11:30-12:30 giving out coupons and t-shirts to help the restaurant celebrate their 2 year anniversary! I’ll be at the Mount Pleasant location- come visit!! 

No comments: