Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Small Batch Vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter Mini Muffins

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start. Our Monday was wonderful. I taught a couple step classes at the gym and got lots of time in with the peanut. When I stopped to get my coffee, I asked if they had any mini cups that they could fill with milk for Kaylin. It cracked me up to see her drinking what looked like a tiny coffee:

IMG_4990

Today, work work and then teaching Body Attack.

I made my small batch vegan peanut butter banana muffins this past weekend. I decide to recreate them a bit to make a pumpkin peanut butter muffin:

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 pumpkin puree
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 c natural peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 c AP flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees F

Using a stand mixer (or in a large bowl), combine pumpkin, almond milk, peanut butter, flax and sugars. Add in remaining ingredients (yup, I only used one bowl). Mix until just combined.

Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. Use a cookie scoop (or rounded tablespoon) to place dough into tin. Dough should yield approximately 11-12 mini muffins. Bake for approximately 12 minutes.

The batter is thick:

IMG_4997

The muffins are yummy and only slightly sweet!

 IMG_4998

No comments: